Project Management Consultant, Life Sciences
The Project Management Consultant is experienced in leadership, accountable for overall project implementation, and will work with clients in the life sciences field, including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical devices. The Project Management Consultant is a change agent who is passionate, high energy, and results-oriented with a creative and analytical mind;is experienced with advanced project management tools and processes; and has the ability to manage critical situations.
Your Primary Goals And Focus Will Be To
As a Project Management Consultant, your primary goals and focus will be to
- Integrate self intoclient environment in order to effectively lead project teams while building positive professional relationships with clients and associates.
- Define project objectives, requirements, and assumptions necessary to structure a project or activity.
- Plan, schedule, and control project activities to fulfill objectives and satisfy project requirements for life sciences clients.
- Develop and drive integrated project plans, aligning project tactics with project strategy.
- Establish, maintain, and lead high performance project teams, serving as the project advocate within theclient organization.
- Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and motivate all associated project resources to gain alignment on project goals and deliverables.
- Lead risk management withinproject teams, ensuring risks have appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
The Project Management Consultant will spend 80-100% of the time at the client facility. In order to satisfy this requirement, travel outside the local area may be required (see 'Working Conditions' listed below).
The Project Management Consultant Will Also
- Manage projects within established scope, schedule, and budget while meeting and exceeding IPM project management standards.
- Develop and document high-level strategies for accomplishing specific project objectives.
- Facilitate and lead effective project meetings, manage change and conflict, and develop resource planning estimates to manage project workloadand productivity.
- Support project management team members to ensure success of projects while maintaining customer service focus.
Required Experience And Training
- Bachelor's degreein a science or engineering discipline. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- Industry experience related to IPM's business offerings. 8+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and/or medical device industries.
- Project management experience related to IPM's business offerings. 5+ years of experience related to one or more of the following: product development and launch, business process optimization, technology transfer, regulatory submission and/or regulatory compliance, quality assurance, and/or alliance management projects.
- Knowledge and application of a disciplined project management process (Six Sigma and Project Management Professional certifications are a plus).
Required Skills And Knowledge
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively communicate and build relationships with a broad spectrum of audiences at all organizational levels.
- Sound technical aptitude and proven ability to grasp general knowledge of multiple discipline