The job you requested, Process Engineer / Chemical Engineer, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Lead Chemical Process / Process Safety Engineer LA or NJ or TX or NJ
`We are seeking an experienced Lead Chemical Process / Process Safety Engineer to work interactively with plant groups, project teams, R&D and the business, to identify and implement improvements and enhancements to the Process Safety of our plants and processes. The lead engineer will provide process safety technology support and expertise to existing operating plants. The lead engineer will also ensure that the Companys Process Safety Standards and Procedures are met during the development, design, and construction of new processes. This position can be located in our Baton Rouge, LA; Colonial Heights/Richmond, VA; Orange, TX; or Morristown, NJ (The ideal candidate will reside within a 50 mile radius of one of these locations. )
Duties And Responsibilities
- Act as Process Safety Engineering focal point for a specific Business area, both for existing plants and new projects.
- Work proactively with operating plants and new projects to develop Inherently Safer Technology solutions.
- Manage issues identified from process safety risk studies to closure.
- Identify and analyze process safety risks that have potential for significant business impact.
- Provide project input concerning process safety requirements included in generally accepted engineering standards such as NFPA, ASME, API, IEC and CGA, to prevent, control and mitigate risks.
- Develop and implement innovative process solutions to improve the process safety of plants and processes.
- Provide guidance and oversight on PSM guidelines to plants and teams.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis / HAZOP activities.
- Lead the development of Front End Design Packages for PSM related projects.
- Support process safety aspects of capital projects during the detailed design phase, equipment purchase, construction and start up.
- Become an expert on the process chemistry and the operating philosophies for new and existing plants and technologies.
- Work within teams to identify and implement longer term process improvement efforts while enhancing operational process safety.
- Understand and leverage the plant control and information systems to make improvements. Identify and implement improvements on basic control schemes and advanced process control strategies.
- Travel of 25 to 30% can be expected.
- Bachelors in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years chemical engineering experience including Process Safety Management and Front End Design of new chemical facilities
- Experience with LOPA (Layers of Protection Analysis)
- Familiarity with chemical plant control system (DCS) and advanced process control, including Safety Instrumented Systems
- In-depth familiarity with OSHA PSM regulations and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to analyze complex technical issues and develop engineering solutions
- Strong computer skills, including process simulation tools such as Aspen or Unisim
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Ability to travel 25-30%
'US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time'