Outside Sales Representative – Insurance Agent (Senior Market)
If you are a self-motivated and competitive individual who is looking for a unique and rewarding new career, join the AmeriLife team! We are looking for a driven and personable Outside Sales Representative to sell insurance and other financial products designed specifically for the senior market, including health insurance (particularly Medicare supplements) life insurance and investment annuities. Our average agents make over $50,000 a year, but we have new agents who earn over $100,000 a year, and veterans who are earning $500,000 or more! This is a fantastic opportunity to cultivate a long-term career with AmeriLife, where you will earn a great income while helping to make a positive difference in the lives of seniors.
Outside Sales Representative - Insurance Agent (Senior Market)
Build a better life for your family while making a positive difference for others!
As an Outside Sales Representative, you will work within an assigned territory and make in-home, kitchen-table' sales presentations to seniors who have expressed interest in insurance products to augment their existing financial resources. You will receive pre-set appointments on a daily basis and will make your calls from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This is a 1-2 call close sales cycle, and since you are provided with qualified leads you will not be required to make any cold calls. This leaves you free to do what you do best - sell!
Your Specific Duties As An Outside Sales Representative Will Include
- Following up on all leads and appointments provided to you
- Engaging in a preliminary conversational interview with prospective clients to determine their overall needs and priorities and to establish rapport
- Educating prospective clients on AmeriLife, our background and services and the ways in which we help seniors to avoid common pitfalls during retirement
- Engaging in some basic need analysis to determine specific details on prospective clients financial and investment status, health, concerns and objectives
- Presenting prospective clients with appropriate insurance solutions
- Responding to and overcoming objections with the goal of making a one-call close
- Meeting or exceeding all sales and performance goals on a consistent basis
- Ensuring that all contracts and paperwork are filled out correctly and filed on a timely basis
- Participating in daily team meetings
- Maintaining professional appearance and demeanor
As an Outside Sales Representative, you must be tenacious with a strong work ethic and be motivated by a love of competition coupled with a strong desire to earn. You must also have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to easily establish rapport with prospective clients as you educate them about our financial products. It is also important for you to be an empathetic individual with a commitment to helping clients while treating them with the utmost respect.
Specific Qualifications For The Outside Sales Representative Position Include
- No experience required - will train; previous experience in industries like auto sales, restaurant and education a plus
- College degree preferred, but not required
- Valid insurance license a plus (can be obtained as part of hiring process)
- Valid drivers license, good driving record and reliable and insured vehicle
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently