Job Title: MES/SCADA Engineers EE/Controls
POSITION SUMMARY: Great opportunity to expand your knowledge base. Company is willing to train the MES side if you have good EE/Controls experience.
Manage and lead the implementation of a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) project in a factory by following the standards established from CO-Eng and PTC. Provide aggressive leadership that provides timely direction, guidance and interface between corporate and factory teams. Become a project “Champion” for MES at plant sites. This will include following corporate standards to ensure maximum implementation success at the factory to meet automation and business requirements.
The MES engineering is a cross-functional discipline that requires proportional knowledge in hardware and software development and their applications. Background in Automation/Controls MES/SCADA experience is desirable.
User Requirement Specification
- Define and discuss the MES user requirements with key representatives from quality, manufacturing, engineering and supply chain.
- Gap analysis between MES library, MES solution and project requirements
Co-ordinate with MES System Integrators
- Manage MES system integrator in term of scope, cost, quality and timing
- Review progress reports
- Review detailed code development for proper software development & documentation. Also ensure that the software is written and documented in a straightforward way that is supportable by factory staff
Hardware / System Software
- Specification and purchasing of hardware (Server, workstation, barcode scanner, printer, etc)
- Specification and purchasing of system software licences
- Organize and lead MES/PCS Interface sessions with all automation suppliers
- Monitor & review the interface implementation progress of each automation supplier
- Organization and lead of the integration test in order to test the MES/SAP and MES / PCS interface
- Organize the training of the factory super users
- Prepare the training material
- Troubleshooting on day to day basis and support after hours if needed
Requirements And Minimum Education Level
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in EE, Computer Science or related field.
Preferred: 5+ years controls/electrical engineering experience in manufacturing plant environment preferably
Food and Dairy industry. Experience in MES process focus application and SAP systems.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Good knowledge of MES and Automation in Manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and SAP
- Competency with Allen Bradley PLC’s. Able to go online and decipher logic and how it functions
- Hands-on experience with Wonderware MES Platform
- InSQL (Historian)
- Microsoft SQLServer and Terminal Services
- Process qualification, validation in the pharmaceutical or food industry IQ, OQ, PQ
- Industrial Application Server (ArchestrA) and Intouch 10.1
- Factelligence 3.5 or higher (Operations/Performance/Quality)
- Middleware (OPC, XML)
- .Net, Visual Basic