Assistant Store Manager
Goodwill Industries of Central Iowa has an opening for Assistant Store Manager at ourUrbandale location. The Assistant Store Manager will assist the Store Manager with daily retail store operations. Duties include:
- Assist Store Manager to direct, coordinate and monitor the retail store activities and business
- Assist in the planning, prioritizing and supervision of employees and/or client's daily job duties
- Suggest store plans and maintain store layout, while displays and housekeeping is completed for the assigned shift
- Responsible for maintaining security measures for merchandise and cash handling for the shift
- Ensure customer service standards are being adhered to by all staff
- Ensure staff adhere to safe cash handling and documentation procedures for cash register
- Ensure staff adhere to production guidelines;stocking, cleaning, maintaining sales floor and rotation guidelines; intake and sorting guidelines; and Kaizan
- Provide good customer service and answer and/or reply to customer needs
- Operate cash register,complete credit card slips, void slips, no sale slips, tender correction, furniture hold agreements, coupons and checks as needed. Wrap items for customer.
- Practice safe cash handling and complete drop slips
- Prepare shift deposit and complete drawer declares; prepare shift count report, and daily sales report as instructed
- Calculate and balance cash register as scheduled
- Select, inspect and hang clothing;Select, inspect, clean and affix price tag to hard goods;Sort, clean (where applicable), test, hang, price and affix tag to donation
- Ensure quality of goods processed meets standards
- Maintain records of all processed goods
- Stocking, cleaning, maintaining sales floor and rotation
- Receive donations from the public; sort incoming donations into categories as assigned;maintain records of incoming goods;ship sorted donations to receiving destination
- Coordinate and monitor all job set-up and breakdown of the production area and adhere to orderliness and cleanliness according to Kaizen;Keep processing area and intake/sorting area organized according to Kaizen
- Adhere to safety/training and store and company policies
HS diploma or equivalent.
Must have 12 months of retail experience and 6 months of supervisory experience.
Effective telephone skills. Desirable to have leadership or supervisory experience.Must be able to carry, lift, push or pull forty (40) pounds, communicate verbally and in writing and work with a variety of people in a pleasing manner, make change and should be flexible and able to adjust to unexpected or different situations. Must have a valid drivers license, have a good driving record and be insurable. Must pass a criminal background check and dependent adult and child abuse background check.