The job you requested, Staff Engineer Wireless LAN 802.11 MAC Layer Wireless, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Sr. Systems Engineer - PHY & MAC layer, Wireless Protocols (Qualcomm Research San Diego)
Requisition # G1770428
Job Title Sr. Systems Engineer - PHY & MAC layer, Wireless Protocols (Qualcomm Research San Diego)
Post Date 05/06/2013
Job Area Engineering - Systems
Location California - San Diego
Job Function The Systems Department at Qualcomm Research hires engineers in the tradition of Irwin Jacobs, Chuck Wheatley and Roberto Padovani. We are looking for innovative engineers who develop deep understanding of problems through thoughtful data-driven analysis and then shepherd the solutions through the lab to real world deployment. Success requires developing an end-to-end view of systems across layers and across disciplines.
Key innovations in wireless communication systems such as CDMA based IS-95, 1x EV-DO, HSPA; OFDMA based LTE-Advanced; Cellular carrier aggregation and HetNets; WLAN 802.11ac were conceived and brought to market by Qualcomm Research.
The job function includes active participation and contribution to Qualcomm's Research systems engineering activities related to the evolution of 3G, 4G, WLAN and beyond 4G platform towards ever improved efficiency and capability with a goal of achieving 1000x capacity over the next decade. This includes theoretical analysis, computer aided analysis, regular active participation in design and review sessions, contribution to QUALCOMM's IP portfolio, systems support for implementation related activities, submission of technical contributions towards standards, and submission of technical papers to relevant conferences.
Skills/Experience Extensive knowledge of radio communication theory and digital signal processing as well as solid background in cellular communication systems across PHY/MAC layers.
Background in one or more of the following topics is required:
- Information theory, Coding theory, Adaptive filtering, Signal Detection and Estimation, Digital Communications, Compressed sensing, Network coding, Multi-hop relays
- Coordinated multipoint processing (CoMP), Higher order SU-MIMO, MU-MIMO, Interference alignment
- Interference and mobility management in hyperdense heterogeneous networks, Interference cancellation, Equalization, Multi-user detection
- Carrier aggregation, multiple flows across heterogeneous radios (3G, 4G, WLAN)
- Cognitive radio, Dynamic spectrum sharing, M2M communication
- Knowledge of OFDMA, CDMA or WLAN 802.11n/ac based systems is a major plus
- Implementation experience is a major plus.
- Knowledge of the UMTS or LTE radio access network design is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Comfortable with UNIX/Win/Linux computing platforms
- Demonstrated programming skills in C/C++/MATLAB
- Demonstrated skills in design of communications simulation tools
Rare, in some roles possible standards travel
Education Requirements Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or preferably Ph.D. with relevant industry experience.
Keywords phy, mac, dsp