Electrical Power Systems Study Engineer - Gulf Southeast Region
Electrical Reliability Services (ERS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson, is an industry leader in electrical testing, maintenance and engineeringservices helping utilities, industrial, financial and government clients throughout the United States improve the reliability and performance of their electrical distribution systems. ERS offers a full range of services including complete electrical distribution system commissioning and start-up services, acceptance and maintenance testing, project management, engineering studies, and electrical and safety training. Priding itself on workplace safety and unparalleled expertise in the field, ERS has more than 28 offices in the U.S.
On an on-going basis, ERS will continue to pursue the most qualified candidates to add to our growing team and is seeking candidates for potential future openings to support our service offerings in the Gulf Southeast Region, which includes Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee.
Perform/support a range of power system and engineering studies (all voltage levels, from simple to the most complex). Perform/support a variety of Field and Customer activities including data collection, one-line revisions, and electrical system analysis.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Support all types of power system and/or supervise full range of complex engineering studies. Typically will work with a Sr. Study Engineer to support project scope.
- Ground fault settings, complex short circuit analysis, and difficult protective device coordination.
- Assist other engineers with all types of power system and engineering studies.
- Assist in gathering of field data and documentation as needed.
- Support full range of complex engineering studies including: reliability, harmonics, arc-flash and reliability centered maintenance studies.
- Assist with the electrical power system documentation including: system configuration, equipment ratings and settings.
- May support circuit and system measurements and help write reports relating to: EMF, electrical load, voltage, and power quality projects.
- Learn how to prepare estimates and take-offs for engineering study project proposals.
- Gain a working knowledge of computer software and data utilized in the conduct of power system and engineering studies, and arrange training to others as needed.
- Follow policy and procedures for conducting power system and engineering studies.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customer; Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; Acts with customers in mind; Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at first answers.
- Graduate Engineer BSEE, MSEE preferred.
- Professional standing: P.E. license.
- Requires excellent verbal and writing skills to communicate effectively with clients, field engineers, peers and management..
- Requires mature judgment, responsible for assigned projects.
- Requires high degree of organization skills.
- Requires sound grounding in electrical engineering.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work. Must be available for out-of-town and international travel of up to several weeks.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Frequently required to sit, and work at computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, basic color differentiation and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to lift and/or move test equipment weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Valid Driver's License.
Additional Company Information
We have made the decision not to provide sponsorship for work authorization for this position. If you do not have valid authorization to work in the United States, or your current authorization will require sponsorship on the part of this company, you will not be considered for employment opportunities.
Emerson Network Power, Electrical Reliability Services is an equal opportunity employer with a written Affirmative Action plan. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, veteran status or genetic information. Emerson is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Additional Website InformationClick here to apply online