Bronto Software provides solutions for retailers and other commerce-focused companies to drive revenue through targeted email and cross-channel marketing. The company serves over 1000 organizations worldwide, including Party City, Armani Exchange, Timex, Samsonite and Trek Bikes.
Bronto is consistently recognized for its products and services as well as being a great place to work. Some of our awards and designations include:
- Inc. 5000 - Ranked one of the fastest growing private software companies in the U.S.
- North Carolina Technology Association's Software Company of the Year Award - 2011
- Stevie Award for Best Customer Service Department - 2009 and 2010
- Best Place to Work, Triangle Business Journal - 2010, 2011, 2012
- CODIE Finalist, Best Marketing Software - 2011, 2012
Building upon consistent growth since its founding in 2002, Bronto is now in the midst of a period of fast-paced growth as it expands its mission beyond email to become the leading marketing platform for retailers and other commerce-focused companies.
As part of Bronto's Engineering team, the UX Manager will play a key role in the transition to this next mission.
The Bronto UX team is tasked with designing the user experience for Bronto's award-winning marketing automation software. Bronto's application is renowned for its power and ease of use, and as the leader of our User Interface team you will help to develop and deliver the next-generation of our marketing automation products. The team is responsible for setting standards for design development, implementing UI-level code and design, and performing usability testing for effective design iteration.
In this role the manager will provide direction to team members in the development of Bronto's web-based services. This is a player/coach position, so you must be able to deliver well-written code as well as lead your team. The UI Manager will work closely with our product management and software engineering teams to ensure that high quality user experiences are integral to our products, and to scope activities and develop work plans to ensure that project goals are framed to meet business and customer goals. The UI Manager must be an excellent communicator and strong leader in a work environment that is fast paced and values excellent teamwork.
- Review, design and code
- Provide technical direction and guidance for UI/UX projects
- Coordinate with product managers, developers and QA
- Provide support on critical customer issues
- Create/maintain a repository of UI guidelines and best practices
- Manage and mentor team members as necessary and provide direction in creating and fulfilling career paths
- Serve as the group's advocate to the rest of the organization and evangelize the value of user-centered design and its best practices
- Communicate effectively with all levels of engineering and across multidisciplinary teams
- At least 3 years experience managing a user interface design group with junior to senior level designers & UI developers. Proven leadership in the user experience industry within recent years.
- Strong leadership and management skills. Successful experience in building teams, goal setting, coaching, & developing individuals to achieve targeted results
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of interaction design process and metrics with the ability to innovate on tools and processes.
- Experience in the development processes for software-as-a-service (agile or continuous delivery in particular).
- Experience in project management. Must be organized and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Must communicate clearly and effectively and possess strong presentation skills.
- Excellent influencing skills.
- Strong presence in the external design community a plus.
Please submit work samples or include a link to an online portfolio when applying.
Top Reasons to Join Bronto
- Clear Vision: All Brontos know why the company exists (our purpose) and where we are headed (our mission). Ask us!
- Live Our Values - Transparent, Approachable, Passionate. This is who we are.
- Great Location: The American Tobacco Campus in downtown Durham - Renovated tobacco factory with courtyard, stream, restaurants, coffee shop, taproom, YMCA...
- Community Involvement: All Brontos are given company time to volunteer at area non-profits
- Active Lifestyle: Wellness events, subsidized Y membership, local produce in the break room, dri-fit Bronto gear.
- Regular social events, including Fridays at Bronto's kegs, Durham Bulls games, Wii and foosball, casino night and our legendary Assassin tournament!
- Competitive benefits
- Perks like a 5-week sabbatical every 5 years and free beverages and snacks
Visit http://brontonation.com to see the Bronto life through words, photos and videos.