WES Health System is a health service organization that promotes the total wellness of its patients. Based in Philadelphia, it is currently Pennsylvanias largest African American-managed behavioral health provider, impacting more than 30,000 patients. WES Health System affords accredited health care programs and services for adults, adolescents, and children. These programs include community-based behavioral health care and social services in outpatient settings in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Illinois. We offer a competitive benefits package and are an EEO.
WES Health System has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Housekeeper. The hours are Monday to Friday from 8:45am to 5pm with evening and Saturday flexibility.
General Overview Of Key Roles & Responsibilities
The individual occupying this position is responsible for providing routine cleaning and upkeep of the facility to which he/she is assigned. The housekeeper is under the direct supervision of the Housekeeping Supervisor.
Essential & Core Functions
- Vacuums all carpeted areas, dry mops all tiled floors except those in restroom and kitchen areas on a daily basis.
- Cleans and sanitizes all fixtures in restroom areas on a daily basis.
- Empties all trash receptacles daily and dusts all furniture once a week or as appropriate.
- Places all collected trash in the designated location at the designated time for appropriate pickup and disposal.
- Cleans all glass doors and adjacent window areas at least once a week.
- Spot cleans all heavily soiled walls, woodwork and furniture periodically or as necessary.
- Performs other related chores as assigned by the Housekeeping Supervisor.
PREREQUISITES & QUALIFICATIONS;
- Ability to read and write English at basic levels
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in working in housekeeping and/or building maintenance for a minimum of one year.
- Valid drivers license in good standing required.
- Valid FBI, PA state criminal and PA child abuse clearances required.
Competencies & Personal Characteristics
- Knowledge of the facility to which assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of routine housekeeping tasks and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Ability to maintain basic records neatly and legibly.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with associates.
WES Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/V/D