The Montgomery Plant is currently searching for a Plant Accountant. Attached, you will find the description of the ideal candidate that we are looking for. Any assistance that you could lend would be greatly appreciated. I would love to find a local candidate for this.
Compile, maintain, and reconcile general or special accounts in such fields as General, Cost, Payroll, Billing, Accounts Payable, or Accounts Receivable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare accounting and financial reports, journal entries, schedules, and statements such as account analysis, trend analysis, budget variances reports, payroll analysis, average pay rates and other information/analysis as necessary.
- Reconcile subsidiary accounts to control accounts, tracing discrepancies to original documents, and initiate necessary adjusting entries with associated support.
- Prepare account reconciliation, account analysis, payroll reconciliations, bank reconciliations and any other required reconciliations on a timely basis along with supporting details as necessary and investigate and resolve in a timely manner any discrepancies.
- Preparation, review and analysis of Plant trial balance accounts as determined by the Controller, including monitoring of activity on a regular basis and investigation of unusual activity.
- Preparation of Plant P&Ls by product line as well as Plant Balance Sheets.
- Review Accounts Payable Distribution as well as General Ledger activity for inappropriate GL coding and investigate and correct as necessary.
- Prepare detailed cost analysis as it relates to the manufacturing facility as well as participation in cost reduction initiatives, validation of projected cost savings as well as post audit of cost reduction published savings.
- Determine appropriate cost allocations and charge outs to other departments, facilities and/or Divisions as required.
- Act as Payroll backup in the absence of the Payroll Administrator in addition to assisting the Payroll Administrator with various accounting duties as required.
- Assist the SSC with the investigation, appropriate coding and securing the appropriate approval for invoices.
- Assist in the taking, costing and reconciliation of physical inventories.
- Participate in the auditing of accounts and accounting records to determine compliance with established company procedures as necessary.
- Assist Controller with information/analysis needed for all internal and external audits.
- Prepare detailed financial, cost and accounting statistical reports as necessary for management.
- Prepare interplant invoices/charges for parts, finished goods or other materials shipped to other company locations.
- Prepare vendor charge backs and accumulate data and prepare internal charge backs for all SWR activity.
- Prepare required Government surveys as well as Business license applications and other necessary survey and licensing documents as necessary.
- Prepare detailed information and analysis for year- end tax requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
- Four (4) year degree in accounting and 2 -3 years experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer literacy a must! Working knowledge of Word and Excel with the ab