DC Warehouse Lead- Salt Lake City
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Reports directly to Distribution Center manager
- This job is primarily concerned with successfully and effectively assisting the DC Manager in supervising the distribution center. This includes not only supervising but also performing these duties:
- Unload commercial trucks and small package carriers
- Count and verify that correct products and number of pieces are received and signed for
- Check in merchandise into inventory/stock in the computer system, including returns
- Rotate stock
- Check merchandise for quality; setting aside any damaged goods for processing
- Check purchase orders for open orders
- Write up receiving paperwork
- Notify DC Manager or Purchasing Department of errors and damaged goods
- Supervise daily the receiving and shipping operations to ensure the DC maximizes it contribution towards meeting or exceeding targeted fill-rates so as to meet or exceed customer satisfaction levels.
- Assist the DC Manager in establishing, monitoring and facilitating efficient production and quality standards, as well as performance metrics to meet logistic schedules and goals to ensure meeting or exceeding customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with all safety, quality and governmental requirements.
- Assist the DC Manager in planning, developing and implementing long-term strategic planning of distribution goals, personnel development, and business objectives.
- Assist the DC Manager as well as initiating establishing, maintaining and analyzing budgets, records, and other controls to keep costs at a minimum.
- Assist the DC Manager in reviewing financial/purchasing performance of the distribution center.
- Provide leadership to the receiving employees through providing proactive and positive employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Ensure safe and healthful working conditions and an organized work environment.
- Supervisory responsibilities for the DC operations, including directly mentoring and supervising all warehouse employees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of warehousing / distribution center experience required, with pervious supervisory experience preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience with and knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety rules required.
- Knowledge of general business practices and cost accounting principles.
- Experience dealing with all levels of management and with resolving customer issues.
- Strong communication and leadership skills a must:
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate business opportunities and obstacles.
- Experience in generating fresh, innovative perspectives and solutions that are value-added.
- Ability to analyze problems and identify solutions quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to build teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, listening skills.
- Organization, data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Ability to plan, schedule, relate ideas, and coordinate priorities.
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, and warehouse management systems (WMS).
- Valid drivers license with acceptable motor vehicle report (insurable)
- Valid fork lift license with proven ability to operate safely.
- Must be able to crouch, stoop, squat, reach overhead, and carry boxes and product up to 50 pounds to and from the warehouse or different departments. Occasionally may be required to lift up to 100 lbs.
Compensation and Benefits: This position offers competitive pay, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, life insurance, AD&D insurance, 401(k), vacation and holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.