Red Bridge Consulting Group is currently looking for a Business Analyst for a full time position. We do not work with third parties. We cannot work with candidates that require sponsorship.
The Business Analyst is primarily responsible for the high level definition and design of the clients product suites. Experience leading a team as a product owner in agile software development. The position requires strong problem-solving skills and a wide range of cross-disciplinary knowledge. This position will work with product managers, developers, quality engineers, and technical writers to deliver new and enhanced functionality. This responsibility comprises involvement in the requirements management process through the entire system development life cycle from inception through delivery.
Business Analyst Key Responsibilities
• Assist product management in product planning through requirements development and analysis and propose new product features and updates.
• Ability to utilize sound methodologies in an Agile software development environment
• Assist technology resources in planning and development of technologies and architectures to provide products that are easy to maintain, deploy, scale, and support.
• Ensure application development principles, standards, and practices are followed during the software development life cycle.
• Elicit user requirements for product change requests and enhancements and participate in requirements prioritization. Decompose high-level market requirements into user, functional and non-functional requirements. Develop and present user stories to communicate high level user requirements to product managers, developers, quality engineers and technical writers.
• Be able to serve as the lead for product feature teams responsible for the implementation and delivery of product features. Document formal requirements specifications by using requirements management tools, and provide guidance to the product feature teams by reviewing deliverables and resolve issues during the implementation of requirements.
Business Analyst Experience/Qualifications
• Minimum of 5 years experience in the development of complex manufacturing or enterprise level software including a minimum of 2 years proven experience as a business analyst/solution architect.
• Highly motivated self-starter and team player. Strong problem identification and solving skills to deliver best of breed solutions. Excellent interviewing and listening skills to identify user needs. Excellent facilitation skills and ability to work well with diverse cross-functional teams. Excellent interpersonal skills as well as written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Strong analytical skills to critically evaluate requirements from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish presented user requests from underlying needs and solution ideas from requirements.
• Broad exposure to technology and a strong understanding of the Systems Development Lifecycle both plan-driven and agile methods. Understanding of modeling languages like UML, and object-oriented concepts.
• Knowledge of relational and analysis database methods and techniques. Hands-on experience with a DBMS like MS SQL Server or Oracle is a plus.
• Practical experience in custom software design and development using the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE and experience with one or more of the following languages is a plus: Visual Basic.NET, C#, C++, Java and SQL.
• Project management/Product Owner experience in a cross-functional team environment is preferred.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related science is required.