A fortune 500 food manufacturing company, is seeking talent to our manufacturing maintenance department. If youre a professional with interests and experience in supervising maintenance including predictive maintenance, equipment repair and rebuild of electrical refrigeration, grounds equipment, noise control and maintenance training programs for a privately held, innovative and growing frozen food company, this may the position for you!
- Supervises facility maintenance activities including predictive maintenance, floor maintenance, diagnosis and repair and emergency maintenance.
- Administers the predictive maintenance program.
- Plans routine maintenance schedules and follows up on problems to develop solutions.
- Ensures that maintenance is performed to maximize available run time.
- Monitors breakdowns determine needs assigns resources. Keeps upper management informed of issues that affect the performance of the department.
- Reviews equipment to ensure all safety devices are properly installed. Ensures that parts and equipment inventories remain at approved levels.
- Responsible for supervising employees including skills development, safety, housekeeping, policy administration, discipline, employee relations, cost control and problem solving.
- Adjust daily work schedule as needed to meet production requirements.
- Ensures all company state and federal requirements for food safety are met by maintenance employees.
- Supervises trains and develops subordinates.
High school diploma or Bachelors degree preferred.
Years Of Related Experience
3+ years related experience
Must have knowledge and skills in the technologies of general construction, electrical systems, electronic systems, microprocessors, mechanical systems (e.g. production/process refrigeration boilers HVAC hydraulics and pneumatics) and computerized maintenance management systems. Working knowledge of food plant production and processing equipment preferred. Knowledge of occupational hazards, safety, EPA regulations, USDA and sanitation standards preferred. Must have previous supervisor experience. Basic PC skills including expertise with MS Office and Outlook. SAP experience beneficial. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have basic mathematical and problem solving skills in order to generate and maintain departmental reports. May be required to be clean shaven if trained in the use of and required to use a respirator. Must take and pass physical including pulmonary function test and chest x-ray. Must be willing to take applicable management skills tests. Must be capable and wiling to work any shift and be on 24 hour call for emergency situations as necessary.