Michaels is always accepting applications forOperations Manager!
A Michaels Operations Manager is enthusiastic and passionate about Creativity, People, and Arts and Crafts. This position performs all office functions including recording, processing, verifying and maintaining records of financial transactions for the store as well as performing and/or supervising the receiving and price change functions
This position serves as Manager On Duty (MOD) coverage for days and weekends and carries a perimeter and POS management key. The Operations Manager will share primary administrative support responsibilities with a part-time Support Specialist. On days the Support Specialist is scheduled, the Operations Manager’s primary focus is on driving the overall operational excellence of the store and MOD activities.
Job Requirements Include
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- High School education or equivalent with at least 2 years experience in retail with Michaels or another retail organization.
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently manage the store when Manager On Duty.
- Must understand and have a working knowledge of cash and POS management, refunds and voids, shrink and margin control, security and loss prevention procedures.
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to communicate in a professional manner with district management, store management, co-workers, and customers.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Requires the physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must work scheduled mornings, days, nights, and weekends.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements of the position as defined in the Physical Requirement matrix.
Share your passion and enthusiasm for all things creative. Let's make Michaels an exciting, World Class destination - a cultural center where inspiration happens every day!
Click “Apply Now” for this exciting opportunity today!