The lifeguard will be responsible for safeguarding the youth who use our aquatics facilities.
- CPR and First Aid
- Water Safety Instructor
- Aquatics Fitness Instructor
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 3 or more years of guarding
- Complete the following swimming prerequisites:
- 1 Swim 500 hundred yards continuously, using these strokes in the following order
- 200 yards of front crawl using rhythmic breathing and a stabilizing, propellant kick
- 100 yards of breaststroke
- 200 yards of either front crawl using rhythmic breathing or breaststroke
- Provide individual and group instruction
- Attend training to continue to develop as a staff member of Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City
- Be at work on time every day
- Be a positive role model for the children.
- Maintain positive contact with parents, club members, and other staff members.
- Accept and carry out additional duties as assigned.