Senior Quality Control Inspector (653005)
Senior Quality Control Inspector (653005)
Who We Are
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Quality Control Inspector
Provide inspection of materials or articles in order to assure compliance to established requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Inspect incoming or production materials or articles for conformance to engineering drawings, schematics, and specifications; process standards and specifications; and production or process plans.
- Perform incoming test of components. May monitor for conformance to design or test specifications or standards.
- Duties and tasks are varied and complex. May serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Advanced level of competencies in one or more areas of specialization. Applies mastery of knowledge and skills in area of specialization.
- Assignments are often self-initiated. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Accept or reject materials or articles; identify and document non-conformance and notify appropriate personnel of potential rejection of items.
- Establish accept/reject criteria and revision status from blueprints, MIL-specs, screening specs, or process certification training.
- Adapts procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet highly special needs.
- Refer unusual inspection problems to supervision, lead or Project Quality Engineer.
- Witness or monitor functional/performance testing at end-item level.
- Troubleshoot inspection problems related to fixtures, software, drawings, paperwork, or processes.
- Prepare and maintain inspection records. May prepare documentation required for end-item shipments.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- May lead project Inspectors and will assist less experienced employees with problem solving.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 10 or more years of related experience or 2 years of technical school and 6 or more years of related experience. Technical School desirable.
- Must be able to stimulate others, promote harmony and team work, display natural leadership ability/competencies.
- An aerospace or military quality inspection background is preferred.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered.
- Each higher level degree, i.e. Associate’s, may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of experience may be substituted for each year of education.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available