The Business Analyst is responsible for studying the information requirements of the business function and providing maintenance, support and new system development specifications. The analyst is also responsible for specifying the software requirement and, as such, is considered the intermediary with the programming staff.
- Good understanding of fleet maintenance and tracking applications and have the ability to translate them into business requirements.
- Develop functional specification requirements in response to requests for fleet system changes by the business leaders of the area served by the business analyst.
- Ensure thorough and comprehensive test cases of functional requirements are met by the programs and programming changes that are produced by development staff.
- Define, update and distribute key system documentation material for release and training/coaching assistance.
- Fast response times for problem identification and solution proposal.
- Work with other areas of the business and end user groups to identify issues with released applications
- Log and resolve application issues as they are reported.
- Additional responsibilities will vary depending on availability and system needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent Job experience
- Basic knowledge of or exposure to programming in mainframe environment i.e. Cobol, JCL, and CICS
- Preferred - SQL skills to understand data validation testing results
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills to determine user needs and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience in project development and administration
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient with MS Office software: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- On-call availability
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams under minimal direction.
- Ability to demonstrate innovative thinking, influencing and execution.
- Excellent understanding of the Business Analysis and IT roles within the industry.
Preferred: 1 year technical writing and documentation
1 Year QA testing of end-user application
General knowledge of Computer Networking & Wireless Networking
- Ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently (task oriented) and prioritize working tasks quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
Passion for Customer Service and Stakeholder Success