Title: Warehouse Worker
Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Bethlehem
NEW WAREHOUSE OPENING IN BETHLEHEM!
GENCO has an opening for a Warehouse Worker at our new 800,000 square foot Distribution Center in Bethlehem, PA. This facility is will operate three shifts Monday through Friday, with approximately 100 teammates.
The Warehouse Worker is for providing value to our customer. This is accomplished by operating a double pallet jack for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting merchandise.
The Warehouse Worker Is Responsible For
- Accurately selecting product according to the customer's batch/order specifications. Product is to be organized, minimizing damage to the item, keeping paperwork attached. The picker then sends the order to the packing area to be loaded on the pack lines. Some teammates are designated to load the pack lines per order
- Ensuring outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Reporting quality variances to supervisor
- Pulling and preparing product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards
- Moving and staging product and materials using a double pallet jack or other equipment. Use radio frequency equipment for picking and load functions, as required. Maintain the facility's equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion. On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the double pallet jack or other equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Keeping appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Become knowledgeable of the responsibilities, procedures and duties of other areas of the warehouse. Act as back-up during times of absence and vacation
- Charging forklift battery as needed; participate in physical inventories; perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed; repair pallets when necessary
- Adhering to all double pallet jack operation procedures discussed at the double pallet jack/forklift operators qualification/certification and safety meetings. The teammate is responsible for operating warehouse and computer equipment in a safe, efficient manner according to all safety standards.
- Maintaining a safe working environment. Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Recognize our customers and GENCO's commitment to pride and quality work. Assist in maintaining the security of the building and conduct all activities in a manner that promotes a safe environment
The Successful Candidates Will Have
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment, electric pallet jack experience preferred
- Must be capable of sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to add, subtract, and multiply
- Ability to count accurately
- Manual dexterity
- Good judgement
GENCO participates in E-verify