Title: Forklift Operator
Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Bethlehem
NEW WAREHOUSE OPENING IN BETHLEHEM!
GENCO has immediate openings for Forklift Operators at our new 800,000 square foot Distribution Center in Bethlehem, PA. This facility is will operate three shifts Monday through Friday, with approximately 100 teammates.
The Forklift Operator is responsible for providing value to our customer. This is accomplished by operating a forklift for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting merchandise.
The Forklift Operator Is Responsible For
- Unloading inbound shipments safely and moving product to storage locations. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas
- Safe, accurate loading and unloading of product. This includes ensuring that truck tires are chocked
- Ensuring that information is exchanged between dock and office staff concerning all inbound and outbound shipments
- Researching discrepancies between the inventory count and shipping documents with a member of the office/inventory staff to ensure an accurate count is made
- Adhering to all forklift operation procedures discussed at the forklift operators qualification/certification and safety meetings
- Ensuring inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Reporting quality variances to supervisor
- Pulling and preparing product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards
- Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into trailers
- Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment. Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put-away, and load functions, as required. Maintain the facility's equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion. On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Keeping appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation
- Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as required
- Become knowledgeable with the responsibilities of the other warehouse positions. Assist as required. Act as back-up at times of absence or vacation.
- Maintaining a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Recognize our customers and GENCO's commitment to pride and quality work. Assist in maintaining the security of the building and conduct all activities in a manner that promotes a safe environment.
The Selected Candidates Will Have
- One (1) plus years of experience operating a forklift preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Manual dexterity
- Good judgement
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to add, subtract, and multiply
GENCO participates in E-verify