Fraud Investigator - Contactor (Seasonal)
Since launching the first textbook rental site in 2006, BookRenter has never wavered from our mission to make education more affordable for all students. Every day, we focus on delivering students the best prices, the most flexible options, and the best service on earth. Offering more than 5.5 million titles and serving millions of students on over 5,000 campuses, BookRenter has saved students more than $180 million dollars on their textbooks. Also, for every order on BookRenter, we'll make a donation toFirst Bookto put new books in the hands of children in need. On March 13, 2012 BookRenter.com, Inc. formally changed its name to Rafter, Inc. We are still the same company with the same great people, only our corporate name has changed. With offices in San Mateo, California, Rafter, Inc. is a private company that is funded by prominent Silicon Valley venture capital firms. Check us out at http://www.rafter.com/.
Are you interested in working for one of the leading startups in the Bay Area, where you will be given the opportunity to grow and be a part of our dynamic operations team? At BookRenter, we pride ourselves in providing a work culture that exposes you to innovative ideas and challenges that create new opportunities and experiences. We are currently looking for a highly motivated and detail oriented professional to join us!
You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with a team of fraud specialists to detect and investigate signs of external fraud. You will play an integral key role during our peak order season in protecting the company against fraudulent activity and helping the fraud team to determine whether orders are either fraudulent or legitimate.
Through your investigative research, you will get exposure to the customer order flow and the daily operations of the Loss Prevention Department. With this knowledge, you will take the lead on determining the verdict of an order by analyzing all available order information and recording your decision into case notes. You and the fraud team will work closely in a fast-paced, energetic work environment to achieve the ultimate goal of effectively serving the customer and preventing any fraudulent activity from occurring.
- Assist with investigations of external credit card theft and fraud
- Research order data and characteristics to determine legitimacy
- Complete order review in a timely fashion; approx. within 24 hours
- Contact customer via email and phone to effectively:
- Request account information
- Tactfully obtain additional information not already available to determine legitimacy
- Resolve declined credit card charges
- Inform customer of pertinent policies
- Set deadline for customer resolution as applicable
- Contact customers regarding questionable account information and become proficient with CRM (Customer Relations Management Tool)
- Provide detailed notes on order history, email and phone correspondence with customer
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, to take initiative and make decisions
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, written and verbal communicating skills
- A self-starter and independent worker; willing to ask questions and receive feedback
- Knowledgeable of social networking profiles, maps, other basic online tools and major websites
- Prior experience in security services, asset protection, risk and/or inventory management, customer service, quality assurance, or other related field is a plus
- Flexible schedule preferred
- Work on weekends may be required
This is a temporary position. It offers competitive salary and the chance to improve the lives of millions of students.