The job you requested, Software Developer, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager selling Flavors to the Food and Beverage industry. Southern California
Responsible for growing revenue and new business by developing new accounts. The Business Development Manager will handle multiple sales channels to companys that need ingredient and flavors in food, beverage and nutraceutical space. The business development manager must ensure assigned accounts meet and exceed sales quotas, quarterly goals, and new development objectives. Collaborate with President and owner in the strategy for new business growth. Additional responsibilities include, implementing sales strategies, including key initiatives of increasing market share for both branded and private label offerings, while providing exceptional customer satisfaction. A key focus for the Business Development Manager is to secure profitable long-term growth in custom flavors for an array of products that include baked goods, dairy products, snack foods, nutritional foods and a variety of beverages in the Flavor industry.
Skills, Abilities, And Characteristics
- Exceptional sales and customer service skills.
- Strong decision-making skills
- Passion for the industry- Polished and Professional
- Solid relationships within the manufacturing of food and beverage segments
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with executives, both internal and external
- Experience in collaborating with customers to write annual business plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report writing and presentations
- Highly proficient with computer applications, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to provide direction to cross-functional teams
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to document process / procedures
- Ability to develop operations standards
- Willingness to work hands-on identifying and developing solutions
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere
- Ability to analyze and gain meaningful insights from market data and trends
- Assist with the development of a comprehensive and strategically aligned sales plan
- Assist in promotional planning and execution
- Grow assigned accounts
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships within channel
- Conventions, trade show, and food show planning and support
- Annual sales budgeting
- 90 day sales forecasting by account, completed monthly
- Execute annual sales plans, by account
- Develop prospects list and turn prospects into new accounts
- Assists in selecting, training, and managing brokers
- Assist in training distributor sales reps
- Identifies potential new business opportunities within current customer base
- Evaluate operational and merchandising opportunities for customers
Estimated travel High 50%- 60%
- Minimum of 5 years experience in business development in the Flavor industry.
- Project management and implementation experience
- Knowledge of foodservice distribution networks
- Experience with cross-functional projects involving several departments
- Experience in hiring and training brokers
- Experience selling flavors to: Bakery, Dairy, Deserts, Candy, Snack companies. Selling to: Beverage firms for dry mix, alcohol, liquid, and selling to Nutraceutical Companies; Health bars, shakes and smoothies and supplements.
- CPG sales experience in food and beverage- Flavor and Ingredient Background preferred.
College degree in Business Administration or Marketing