Job ID: KP20130502-26712
SCM Manager - Job Description
ATK Defense is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land based systems. The group is the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. ATK Defense develops advanced capabilities for missile defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls. The group also brings extensive experience and expertise in defense facility management and modernization.
ATK Defense Electronic Systems is a division of ATK Defense. Our facility in Woodland Hills California is seeking aProcurement Manager.This position will report to the ATK DES Director of Supply Chain. Thisposition will be responsible for leading a Procurement team involved in sourcing, procurement, and supplier/subcontract management. The position will establish, maintain, and monitor supplier agreements of medium to high dollar, risk, and/or complexity and be responsible for managing a diverse team of SCM professionals. The candidate must have a very good working knowledge of Purchasing, Subcontracts, Supplier Management and Continuous Improvement.
- Lead and manage the procurement team to ensure compliance to US Government Public Laws and Regulations as well as ATK corporate policies and procedures
- Drive accountability across the organization
- Form positive working relationships with internal customers
- Improve Team Dynamics
- Ensure that supplies, tools, equipment and raw materials are properly requisitioned, ordered and delivered on time and on quality
- Directing daily procurement activities
- Recommend pricing using cost/price and best value analysis
- Negotiate to ensure terms and conditions address provisions and risks of financial terms, acceptance criteria, delivery requirements, warranty, intellectual property, termination provisions, indemnification, and all other potential risk areas
- Ensure PO is within program budget.
- Track cost savings and cost avoidance.
- Track and report decrement factor (negotiated savings) to the customer.
- Establish billing and payment terms including milestones; facilitate timely billings that support prime program.
- Apply Import/Export regulations such at ITAR, EAR, DDTC registration etc.
- Apply security regulations concerning vendor visits or sharing information.
- Apply government contract requirements such as FAR, DFAR, ISO, NASA, CPSR, MMAS, DCAA, SOX, etc. to appropriate agreements.
- Support auditing processes such as DCAA, CPSR, internal, etc.
- Assist in responding to customer RFPs.
- Maintain internal and external customer relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required
- 12 or more years of Purchasing experience
- 4+ years of managing a department of successful employees
- Successful track record of driving process, execution and accountability into your team.
- Ability to communicate and execute a direction/plan.
- Must be able to lead the staff, create and implement process initiatives
- Successful at tracking key metrics - to include cost savings, Supplier OTD, PR to Purchase Order cycle time, etc.
- Master's Degree in a related field preferred
- Experience in a related industry
- Certified Purchasing Manager
- Six Sigma Process Tools
Equal Opportunity Employer
ATK Category Materials And Distribution
Desired Travel less than 25%
Job Type Full Time
Location CA-Woodland Hills
Years of Experience 8-10 Years