General Ledger Staff Accountant
Job Title: General Ledger Staff Accountant
Job Code: HITS10121081
• Responsible for preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and other tasks as assigned.
• Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To The Following
• Preparation of Intercompany Payables.
• Support of Cash Application process
• Preparation of Account Reconciliations.
• Preparation of JEs in accordance with GAAP.
• Performance of account analysis and identification and explanation of variances.
• Preparation of variance and trend/flux analysis.
• Update procedures as necessary in the scope of the job responsibilities.
• Build knowledge of the Company wide processes specifically those affecting GL/sub ledgers in order to improve efficiency and ensure timely and accurate close results.
• Build working relationship across all groups of the Company in order to coordinate data/analysis sharing.
• Contribute to ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting principles and all other authoritative guidance published by FASB, AICPA, SEC and the PCAOB.
• Support internal/external audit requirements.
• Identification of process improvements.
• Special Projects as assigned.
• Bachelors/Masters degree in Business or Accounting
• Core accounting experience in major business cycles to include workpaper preparation and documentation
• Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize work
• Team player, detail oriented, flexible, problem solver
• Good communication and analytical skills
• Effective organizational skills, self-starter, solutions driven, positive attitude, ability to multitask and work in an evolving accounting department is essential
• Advanced Microsoft Excel / Word
Preferred Additional Skills
• Public accounting experience
• PeopleSoft Financial Systems experience
• Experience with Hyperion Reporting
• Prior experience in Government Contract accounting
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Preferred Language English
Micro Code: HIT