Applicant must have a thorough knowledge of and experience with mechanics, gear reduction, pneumatics, hydraulics, and electro-mechanical. Must have the proven ability to use these skills to ensure the safe operation, maintenance, and inspections of amusement rides, attractions and company equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To maintain, repair, inspect, and troubleshoot rides and attractions to ensure their safe and efficient operation with minimum supervision.
- Ensure that specifications set by ride manufacturers and the State of Maryland are complied with and documented.
- Inspect rides and attractions, notifying appropriate management of any and all hazards that may endanger our guests or employees.
- Keep all daily repair logs and ride journals current and accurate of maintenance performed.
- Work in conjunction with others to solve ride related problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work various shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Reports to Mechanical Lead, Mechanical Supervisor, Maintenance Manager and or Maintenance Director.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have 3-5 years experience and be willing to be part of the TEAM.
- Must possess practical skills and proficient knowledge in three or more trades, from the following: mechanical, electrical, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics, machining, welding, and small engine repair.
- Must be able to troubleshoot clearly, calmly and safely in the presence of guests, co-workers and park management.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend English.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must have tools and equipment to perform required duties and skills as defined above.
- Required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, occasionally required to sit, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear, taste, smell, and may frequently lift and/or move 100 pounds. Specific vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus required. Must possess normal to average corrective hearing.
- May be required to work at heights above 100 feet.
Six Flags America offers an excellent salary and benefits package.
Please submit resumes to Brad McClain Human Resources Manager, Six Flags America,
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER l SIX FLAGS SUPPORTS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE