Sales Director, Special Sales
McGraw-Hill Professionalhas an exciting opportunity for aSales Director, Special SalesinNew York, New York. The Sales Director will be responsible for managing the daily business throughout the field account base and supervising the daily functions and sales efforts of a team of sales representatives (retail, wholesale, online and key library systems for McGraw-Hill eBook Library).
- Oversee sales of MH print, ebook and digital products.
- Supervise activities of the field sales and special sales force.
- Manage business relationships with field and special sales customers (retail, wholesale, online and key library systems).
- Attend and participate in sales, publisher and marketing meetings.
- Report on sales trends and analysis.
- Create and implement incremental revenue driving promotions.
- College Degree.
- Minimum of 10 years national/field/special sales and marketing experience, and related bookstore, publishing experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales management experience.
- Organization and communication (verbal & written) skills a must.
- Excellent ability to manage professional relationships among multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced evolving environment.
- Travel required up to 35% of the year.
- Computer skills a must with working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ability to quickly learn internal systems.
About The Company
McGraw-Hill Professional, a division of McGraw-Hill Education, is recognized for publishing the most respected and well-known works in a wide range of books, digital platforms and products.
McGraw-Hill Education, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies, is a leading innovator in the development of teaching and learning solutions for the 21st century. Through a comprehensive range of traditional and digital education content and tools, McGraw-Hill Education empowers and prepares professionals and students of all ages to connect, learn and succeed in the global economy. McGraw-Hill Education has offices in 33 countries and publishes in more than 65 languages.
The McGraw-Hill Companies(NYSE: MHP) is a Fortune500 corporation with over 20,000 global employees and over 10,000 U.S. employees. Around the world, McGraw-Hill provides people with the information and insights they need to adapt and grow in changing times. Our business spans the fields of financial services, education, and business information with leading brand names such as Standard & Poor's, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts, and J.D. Power & Associates. By working together with our customers and partners, these brands are laying the foundation for a smarter, better world.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.