Youth Care Worker
NET is currently searching for experienced Youth Workers to work in a detention facility for adjudicated adolescent females (ages 12-19 years old).
- Accountable for the supervision, care and safety of adjudicated youth placed in Community Based Detention through the strict adherence to established policies, procedures and orders in the performance of duties.
- Maintains security, order and approved discipline techniques.
- Maintains group control and watches for signs of problems and issues. Controls noise levels, behavior and diffuses potentially escalating situations through the application of verbal de-escalating techniques.
- Monitors youth behavior and maintains awareness of residents' emotional and physical needs.
- Coordinates, directs and monitors the daily activities of youth.
- Communicates effectively with other shifts, supervisors, support staff, case managers, Program Director and Unit Director.
- Generates and maintains required documentation prior to leaving the facility at the end of the assigned shift.
- Maintains and enforces security procedures. Resolves differences among residents, and intervenes in youth altercations.
- Monitors visiting hours and visitors.
- Provides crisis intervention, follow-up counseling and necessary documentation to any resident as needed.
- Effectively plans for and arranges for residents' program involvement.
- Transports clients as deemed necessary.
- On-going development and implementation of assigned area(s) of detention facility functioning.
- Organizes and leads topic centered group discussions at least once a week.
You MUST meet the following requirements in order to be considered for this position:
- MUST have High School Diploma
- MUST have at least 1 year of paid work experience with adjudicated youth in a residential detention facility; 2 years experience preferred.
- MUST have a valid Driver's License.
- MUST be available 2 weekends per month.
NET is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Care Provider.