Community Based Youth Worker
We are a community based mentoring program servicing urban youth in their communities and throughout the entire City of Philadelphia. I am seekinga bilingualenergetic, resourceful, creative, open-minded IHD Youth Workers (Advocates) to work with urban youth citywide. The goal of this program is to expand youth's minds to the many opportunities available to them so they can succeed in our ever-changing global community and economy.
The IHD Youth Worker position is to take four to six youth as a group to activities and workshops within the city of Philadelphia. You need to have your own vehicle to transport the youth in and be available at 3pm to approximately 9:00/10:00pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and every first Friday of the month for cultural awareness/ recreational activities, life skill workshops and education/ vocation workshops. Every Saturday we participate in citywide service learning activities, which benefit the community at large.
- Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, every first Friday 3:00/ 3:30pm - 9:30/10:00pm and every Saturday between 8am & 6pm - flex
- Have your own vehicle with insurance to transport youth (Seats at least total 5 Persons)
- 20 hours a week - part time
- High School Diploma Required, A bachelor's degree in a human services related field preferred
- Pay scale based on client caseload: $10, $13, $18 an hour; Average pay $350 - $400 a week.
- High School Diploma Required, Bachelors degreein a human services related field preferred
- Two (2) years experience working with children or adolescents
- Valid drivers license with clean driving record
- Current vehicle registration and car insurance
NET is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Care Provider.