Worksite - Nurse Practitioner - PRN (Louisville Metro Govt)
Subject to medical protocols established by Physician Association (Association) and Chief Medical Officer of Concentra (Company) and in cooperation with other clinic/center physicians, if any, Nurse Practitioner provides primary medical direction and coordination of care within the occupational health program. We are recruiting PRN, Kentucky Licensed Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants to work at our Concentra Worksite Locations in Louisville). Locations include Louisville Metro Govt, Humana, and JB Hunt. Experience with Occ Med/Primary Care/Urgent Care/Health& Wellness is preferred. Interested Candidates apply today!.
Major Duties And Responsibilities
- Supports center physicians and performs tasks traditionally performed by physicians.
- Engages in direct patient care:
- Performs physical, mental status and medical history examinations; makes records of findings subsequently reviewed and countersigned by supervising physician;
- Orders and interprets laboratory studies/examinations to determine treatment, orders medication and other forms of treatment as ordered by the physician;
- Follows patient progress and makes changes in treatment as necessary;
- Applies local anesthetic, examines and cleans wounds, incises and drains abscesses and sutures;
- Performs duties as required by supervising physician.
- Assists in scheduling and coverage for Company or Association owned clinics/centers.
- Participates in the “on call” program to facilitate after hours and weekend case care.
- Works with Center Medical Director (CMD) to develop, implement and revise policy and helps ensure operations adhere to policy and standards of occupational medicine, Association and Concentra.
- Meets with Concentra physician leadership to review quality of care and participates in quality assurance processes.
- Develops or improves services delivered at the Center.
- Participates in and assists with continuing education programs for physicians, nurses and other personnel employed by Association or Concentra.
- Recommends potential growth for new and/or existing services.
- Reviews and submits statistical reports on center activities to Concentra and Association as requested.
- Helps ensure center's compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Meets with employers to discuss health and safety needs and conducts work place on-site assessments.
- Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury or return to work status
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
Demonstrated Job-related Skills/Competencies
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations governing rehabilitation services.
- Working knowledge of worker's compensation and clinical procedures/processes.
- Working knowledge of diagnoses and treatment of occupational injuries.
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
- Superior customer service and “bed side manner” skills.
- Critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills.
- Clinic environment.
- Minimal travel.
- Overtime as required.
- Advanced degree from accredited Nurse Practitioner program of study.
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner in accordance with state laws of practice.
Job Related Experience
- Minimum 1year experience in occupational health nursing or related field.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.