Family-Based Therapist and Trainer
Family-Based Therapist And Trainer
Part-time position available inYork County
Philhaven is a non-profit behavioral healthcare organization offering a wide range of holistic services for children, adolescents, adults and older adults in south central Pennsylvania.
Since opening our doors60 years ago, Philhaven has been dedicated to seeking solutions for one of humanitys most basic, but most complex needs: how to live a mentally healthy life—one thats balanced in the emotional, spiritual, and physical areas of life. Yearly Philhaven serves over 25,000 individuals with a variety of needs.
Philhaven provides a broad continuum of outstanding mental health services through various treatment programs for Adults, Children, Adolescents, Senior Adults, Businesses, Couples, Pastors and the Community.
The Family Based Therapist and Trainerworks in our Family Based Mental Health Services (FBMHS) program. This position has two components. One is working as aTherapison a team working with another MA level or BA level staff person. This team meets with the family in their home and develops treatment plans and goals for the family, striving to meet various therapeutic needs. The second component is providing Family Based Training to the staff and new employees in cooperation with the Director of York Family Based Services.
Family Based Mental Health Services (FBMHS) are designed for children and adolescents that are at risk of out-of-home placement due to severe emotional or behavioral disturbances. Family Based services adheres to the model of Ecosystemic Structural Family Therapy (a modification of the Structural Family Therapy Model developed by Salvador Minuchin).
This position requires that the applicant has participated inthe 3 year training program based on this model for Pennsylvania and be certified or qualified for certification.
Philhaven currently haspart-time position inYork County.
Some of the primary duties of theFamily Based Therapist and Trainerinclude:
The Family Based Therapistand Trainerdoes this in conjunction with other treatment team members, which may include persons both inside and outside the agency involved in the treatment of the child or adolescent. This personwill work on a team with one other therapist under the direct supervision of the Director of Family Based Mental Health Services.
Philhaven can also offer MA level therapists, who are seeking licensure, supervision toward their LPC, LSCW, or LMFT.
Philhaven is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online at www.philhaven.org
- Completion of three year training for Pennsylvania Family Based services in Eco-systemic Structural Family Therapy. Certification preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of children/adolescent and family issues with mental illness -Strategies for intervention and techniques of psychotherapy
- Behavioral management planning
- Skills and understanding normally acquired through completion of a masters degree in a mental health field is required or a bachelors degree in the mental health field plus a certification from the Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services as a Mental Health Family Based Worker. A licensed masters level degree is preferred.
- At least three years experience working with children and/or adolescents in a mental health setting is required. Experience in family therapy, crisis management, and case management is preferred.