We are looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist for a local company in Montgomery, AL. The candidate will be accountable and responsible for quality service for clients. The candidate will also contact and assist clients inorder toobtain information for payroll production and tax related issues andrespond to client questions and problemswhile alsodelivering quality customer service. Some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance and 401(k) deductions.
- Poll electronic time clocks and review the downloaded information for completeness and accuracy.
- Contact various clients for any missing information.
- Process weekly transfer of payroll data to payroll system.
- Pull payroll management reports from payroll software system.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma (Associates preferred) or two or more years of office-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. College degree is highly preferred.
- Solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws is also a must.
- Experience with Excel, data entry - will be tested
- Proven facility in customer service, and problem resolution.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.