Biomedical Software Engineer
MAKO Surgical Corp., located in Fort Lauderdale, FL is an innovative orthopedic medical device company that markets both its RIO System and proprietary RESTORIS Family of Knee Implants for a minimally invasive procedure called MAKOplasty is seeking software engineers. The primary responsibility is to design, develop and maintain application software for robot assisted surgery products. The Engineer works closely with peers in software engineering and project and product management in developing software that meets the specified requirements. Following defined design practices and the use of sound software engineering principles, the engineer ensures that the application software products are safe, robust and user friendly. Works under general supervision with some latitude for independent judgment and consults with senior peers on certain projects.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field (such as software engineering, computer engineering, or mathematical sciences).
- Graduate degree or at least two years of industry experience with professional software development.
- Proficiency in 3D geometry and computer graphics.
- Strong communication skills required; fluent English required.
- Proficiency with Tcl/Tk or other scripting language highly desired.
- Linux or Unix-based software development skills highly desired.
- Experience with C language development a plus.
MAKO will offer relocation assistance.