Assistant Project Manager - Academic - Providence
|My Career Center|View Job Cart|Back to Search Page|
Job Title: Assistant Project Manager - Academic - Providence
Location: Providence, RI
Working at Shawmut is a unique experience unrivaled in the industry. We consider our employees the winning strategy in our company's success. Shawmut Assistant Project Managers work on extraordinary and cutting-edge projects with elite local and national clients that seek us for our expertise. Assistant Project Managers are an integral part of the project team. The project team owns the project from start to finish, and because they own the project, they are responsible for the outcome. We provide our Assistant Project Managers with specialized training and development tools that allow them to be the best at running projects, collaborating with clients and developing professionally. At Shawmut, if you bring it, the sky is the limit.
We seek Assistant Project Managers that stand above and beyond their peers and can appreciate the exquisite quality of the process and the great end product.
As a Shawmut Assistant Project Manager you will work closely with a Project Manager and be responsible for the following:
- Helping to create a schedule during project set up and sub-bidding that reflects that project strategy and is sufficient to estimate from and to purchase subcontractors with.
- Ensuring all documents and materials are maintained throughout a project.
- Identifying any lead-time problems or set-backs (i.e. strikes, shut downs, back logs), working with PM to resolve and keeping all appropriate parties in the loop regarding project implications.
- Maintaining current financial reports to quickly identify potential and existing issues that could lead to sub par financial performance; work with Project Manger to address.
- Developing critical client relationships through being available for client requests, working collaboratively with outside parties (i.e. the design team, etc.) to accomplish client goals and maintaining close communication across Project Team regarding client contact tactics and strategies.
All applications will be kept in the strictest confidence. Submit your resume by clicking on 'add to job cart.'
Thank you for your interest in Shawmut Design and Construction!
We are currently looking for Assistant Project Managers with 2-5 years of experience in construction or construction related fields. Experience managing small projects or as part of a project team on larger, more complex projects in a rapidly growing organization is critical. Flexibility to travel is needed.