Director of Business Development
Director Of Business Development
Job ID 41140
Job Location AL-Huntsville-SE
Job Category Sales/Business Development/M&A
Date Posted Jun 21, 2012
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development in our Defense and Aerospace Systems (DAS) Division, the Director of Business Development - Defense and Aerospace EMS will be responsible for aggressively pursuing Electronic Manufacturing Service (EMS) business development opportunities within the Defense and Aerospace arena, with Prime Contractors, OEM's and directly with the military and other federal, state and local government agencies, to ensure market share growth and position the Defense and Aerospace Systems Division for future business successes. The Director of Business Development - EMS will also work closely with the Sanmina-SCI Worldwide Sales team to ensure opportunities for the DAS Division, as well as vertical integration opportunities with other Sanmina-SCI Divisions, are adequately vetted and pursued. The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of Electronic Manufacturing Services sales and operations as they pertain specifically to Defense and Aerospace. This person will be accountable for revenue growth in line with division goals and objectives and for bringing the business unit to the next level. Must be a strong, highly customer-oriented professional with the ability to create and execute a winning strategy to successfully position the division to attract new customers and form strategic alliances. This person will be highly adept at discerning the fit and specific value-add that Sanmina-SCI brings to major customers as well as the ability to effectively interact and create relationships at the highest levels within customer organizations.
• Knowledge of the EMS business with specific knowledge of the Defense and Aerospace EMS market with the ability to develop relationships within that market
• Solid, demonstrated experience successfully selling Electronic Manufacturing Services and contract manufacturing, including within the defense market.
• Skilled at developing revenue strategies and penetrating new and established customer accounts
• Established current customer and contact base of decision makers within the defense marketplace
• Strong communication skills, executive presence, poise, common sense, and business acumen
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree. Advanced technical degree or MBA is desirable
• Military command experience at the 03 - 05 level or higher, while not an absolute requirement, is a plus