Benefits Counselor - Part-time, On-Call
Requisition Number 13-0317
Post Date 2/6/2013
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group is a Fortune 500 company offering a diverse range of financial services and solutions. With a strong focus on four core business areas - life insurance, annuities, retirement plan services, and group protection - our business is built around supporting, preserving, and enhancing our customer's lifestyles and providing better retirement outcomes. Led by over 8,000 employees, Lincoln Financial provides the tools and advice to help individuals take charge of their futures.
As a Benefits Counselor, you are responsible for effectively and professionally representing Lincoln Financial Group in all sales enrollment activities for all product offerings, which require a purchasing decision on behalf of the eligible employee and/or familymember.
Sales And Customer Service
- Use in depth knowledge and understanding of all Employer Paid and Employee Paid offerings to sell Lincoln products
- Provide complete on-site enrollment services to eligible employees and/or family members on site of the employer/Lincoln Financial Group client
- Engages customer at place of employment to educate, inform, enroll and sell Lincoln based products
- Conduct business on behalf of Lincoln Financial Group in a manner that supports a positive company image, is in compliance with all required rules and regulations and is ethical in all considerations
- Works independently and exercises discretion to offer creative employer on-site solutions
- Delivers needs based” benefit presentations to diverse employee groups as well as presenting in a one on one method while collecting enrollment data using Lincoln Financials Enrollment tools for both new customers and re-enrolling customer support
- Ensures that all applications and forms are in compliance with state and federal regulations, underwriting guidelines and company policies and procedures
- Maintains all necessary State insurance licenses for valid insurance business solicitation activities
- Bachelor's degree or 3 – 5 years of comparable work experience
- Resident state life Health license required
- 3 – 5
- years of experience working with group enrollments and worksite insurance that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; especially Excel and is proficient with e-mail systems
- Solid oral and written skills; presentation skills a must
- Ability to work under pressure to handle rush requests, problem solve, and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze problems and makes well-reasoned, sound decisions
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion; Displays drive and initiative
- Demonstrated planning skills including strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to prioritize work independently
- This position is on-call (part-time) and will be based out of the home
- Must be able to travel up to 90% nationwide as requested, with an average frequency of once a month
Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to
recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression,
veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are
evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.