Supports the Store Manager and/or Associate Store Manager in attaining Levi's Store Iconic status by assisting in the development of the store team and contributing to the successful implementation of strategies and operational excellence that ensure brand equity, customer satisfaction and financial growth. Assumes responsibility for store in the absence of Store Manager and/or Associate Store Manager. The Assistant Manager relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Contributes to stores financial growth through driving sales, managing expenses and implementing plans for increased profitability.
- Is accountable and holds others accountable for ensuring all operational standards are achieved.
- Assists in the hiring, training and retention of a store staff that model LS&CO selling practices, deliver authentic customer service and meet sales goals.
- Executes flawless store visual presentation by following corporate visual direction and recommending merchandising adaptations where needed.
- Drives profitable sales and meets or exceeds store financial plans through helping set priorities for self and the store team to deliver on KPI goals (Conversion, Units Per Transaction and Sales Per Hour).
- Understands and utilizes reporting tools to analyze the business and makes recommendations for adjustments to increase sales and drive profitability.
- Contributes to expense control by managing payroll and controllable expenses.
- Assists in communicating and holding team members accountable to individual sales goals.
- Executes floor changes, sales and promotional events timely and effectively for maximum financial results.
- Recruits and conducts screening interviews for stylist position and makes recommendations for new hires.
- Participates in training process for new hires on LS&CO culture, product knowledge, selling practices and other associate responsibilities.
- Coaches and develops staff to increase their knowledge and skill sets, providing opportunities for continued development and growth within the organization.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages retention and talent
- Manages minor employee relations issues including performance management and holding associates accountable for following LS&CO policies and procedures.
- Partners with Store Manager/Associate Store Manager to execute the performance review process bi-annually for their store team, utilizing these tools to drive performance.
- Accountable for operational results in store procedures, payroll management, cash handling and inventory control.
- Achieves payroll plan through creating, adjusting and overseeing store schedules
- Ensures required store tasks are completed timely and effectively by personally contributing and giving direction to other team members.
- Assists in ensuring sound inventory management through following established receiving and sending merchandise process, completing all required paperwork and following all price change and ticketing procedures.
- Participates in and may oversee physical inventory preparation and counts.
- Prevents loss by educating associates, monitoring daily store activity, ensuring company policies are followed and partnering with loss prevention.
- Executes store visual standards in accordance with visual merchandising direction, resulting in flawless product presentation and housekeeping standards.
- Makes recommendations about and adaptations to visual merchandising direction based on the lay out and needs of the store.
- Ensures product is displayed in a manner which tells a story through styling and propping and is compelling to the customer.
- Maintains appropriate levels of product on the sales floor