Guest Service Advisor
The Guest Service Advisor is a performance-based position that is essential to the store's effort to meet and exceed sales and profit goals. The mission of the CSA is to assist guests to make informed decisions for purchasing quick lube and additional associated services for their vehicles.
General Duties That Include But Are Not Limited To
- Complete all required certification and other on the job training within the required timeframe.
- Report for shift on time and dressed in proper uniform to include required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), slip resistant shoes and good hygiene.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment including using all safety equipment and following all safety procedures.
- Greet all guests within 5 feet, in a professional, pleasant manner.
- Attend store meetings, including monthly safety meetings.
- Follow all Heartland Automotive Services and Jiffy Lube policies and procedures.
Team Lead duties (Following certification, as directed by store management) that include but are not limited to:
- Ensure team is working in an efficient, productive manner.
- Complete the ROC sheet.
- Complete checkpoints screen for each vehicle serviced.
- Monitor work flow and make adjustments as required.
- Utilize practice during downtime.
- Coach and inform teammates by providing feedback on performance.
Curbside Marketing Duties That Include But Are Not Limited To
- Hold advertising signs, wear a sandwich board or engage in any other form of curbside marketing outside of the store location to attract guests for the immediate purchase of an oil change.
- Must be engaging and energetic to the guests by moving around, waving or any other action that is appropriate and safely grabs the attention of the guest.
- Clean and maintain the guest lounge, restroom, parking lot and all property surrounding the store.
- Distribute coupons and fliers.
Courtesy Duties That Include But Are Not Limited To
- Clean, organize and stock work station.
- Ensure all tools are accessible.
- Review position chart (including all primary and secondary duties assigned).
- Greet the guest and escort them to the lounge using the “No handles” policy, and inform them of the location of coffee/water, restrooms and magazines.
- Place protective covers on the guest's seat, floor and steering wheel.
- Drive guest's vehicle into/out of the bay area.
- Assist in a complete check of guest lights.
- Vacuum complete interior of the vehicle and discard obvious trash.
- Thoroughly clean exterior windows.
Upper Bay Duties That Include But Are Not Limited To
- Guide guest's vehicle into/out of the bay area.
- Ensure proper care is taken to help eliminate damage to guest's vehicle (fender cover placement).
- Check and communicate initial oil level (by checking dipstick).
- Determine, communicate and physically verify correct oil filter application.
- Check and adjust all tires levels on vehicle to proper inflation.
- Check, communicate and fill necessary fluids (battery, powering steering, and washer fluid)-replace all caps.
- Add oil, start vehicle, check oil pressure gauge, check oil dipstick and show as confirmation to lower bay.
- Complete ancillary services requested by guest.
- Observe lower bay quality inspection as well as perform upper bay quality inspection.
Lower Bay Duties That Include But Are Not Limited To
- Complete under vehicle inspection.
- Remove oil drain plug, loosen and remove oil filter, wipe mounting plate and check filter spindle.
- Install new oil drain plug and new oil filter.
- Wipe fittings and lubricate.
- Check and fill gearboxes.
- Report under vehicle status to upper bay.
- Observe under carriage of vehicle once started to ensure no leaks.
- Perform lower bay quality inspection.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (This is not an all inclusive list but is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position. Reasonable accommodation will be provided under appropriate circumstances and in accordance with applicable law.)
- Read, write and speak English.
- Must possess superior guest service skills
- Ability to teach and motivate others to achieve sales goals
- Must be able to operate equipment such as (but not limited to) overhead and floor mounted oil and grease guns, transmission jack, air conditioner machine, differential pump, hand tools, radiator machine, transmission machine, tire rotation equipment, computer, telephone and cash register.
- Must be able to drive vehicles.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to stand on concrete or metal surfaces for extended periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours.)
- Work in an environment that frequently experiences extreme hot and cold temperatures, loud noises, and exhaust fumes.
- Lift and move inventory items, trashcans and other work related items (up to 50 pounds).
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours.
Please refer to the Job Description for the qualifications.