The job you requested, Customer Service Representative, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Customer Service and Sales Representative
Assist customers with U-Verse billing questions/needs and offering upgraded services. This is an inbound project that requires a 90% talk time to be handled in a timely and professional manner. Agent is responsible for receiving inbound calls from U-Verse or U-Verse eligible customers regarding billing questions, service modifications and/or possible complaints. After successfully assisting with the customer needs, agents are required to offer upgrades on the customer's current services and/or to sell additional services offered; for example home phone line, internet, Dish, U-verse and Cingular.
An Individual Should Demonstrate The Following
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
- Customer Service – Understanding customer's needs and the ability to communicate effectively throughout the call. Agent must have the ability to work under pressure in an environment with a high level of distractions while maintaining a positive attitude. Solicits customer feedback to improve services. Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on resolving conflict without blame. Confidentiality is paramount. Demonstrate the ability to listen and communicate effectively. Remains neutral and professional when dealing with others. Remains flexible to changes and other ideas.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations. Must possess excellent communication skills in English. Demonstrate the ability to effectively relay product knowledge. Agent must show a level confidence in the tone of voice with a professional and positive attitude. Project involves reading throughout the call to include disclosures and terms and conditions; must be able to read at a fast pace with a clear tone of voice and possesses a high level of reading competency.
- Written Communication- Agent must write clearly and informatively. Verifies and edits work for spelling, grammar, and data accuracy. Able to read and interpret written information effectively.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities and exhibits objectivity and openness within a dynamic environment. Able to provide and receive both negative and positive feedback. Contribute to building a positive team spirit. Agent must demonstrate a professional attitude that contributes to a cohesive work environment that promotes success.
- Quality / Quantity - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and strives to improve and promote a quality measured scale of 0% to 100% with 100% being the quality goal expected. Applies feedback to improve performance and diligently monitors work to ensure quality. Meets productivity standards set forth by the guidelines issued from higher echelons of management. Completes work in a timely manner to increase and/or improve productivity.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Agent must be consistent and reliable regarding attendance. Punctuality is also extremely important. Ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent and arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions and responds to management direction. Agent must demonstrate the organizational skills to honor commitments. Agent understands that overtime may be required with little to no notice. Completes all tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Education And/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to read and write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one and small group environment to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Excellent English skills are required.
Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills - Agents are expected to type at a minimum speed of 20-25 WPM. Basic computer knowledge for example full understanding of the keyboard's keys and functions, mouse maneuvering, open documents, close, delete, save, paste etc…Ability to multitask within the computer. Project will require several systems opened throughout a call where agents are expected to have a great level of concentration and data accuracy when filling in any applications with customer's information. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Project Management software and Spreadsheet software.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and listen. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.