The job you requested, Senior Claims Examiner, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Specialty Claims Manager - Property
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the leadership and management of a team of claim professionals with the accountability to investigate, evaluate and resolve Commercial Property claims or lawsuits and specialty line/program or risk of significant value to the organization. Typically responsible for managing aggregate reserves up to $50 million and exposures $500,000-$2 million. Develops unit plans and objectives and assists in developing departmental objectives in accordance with department and Division strategic plans and objectives. Responsible for the development, coaching, training and mentoring of individual team members. Contact with external customers which involves maintaining, developing and influencing relationships with major customers or key individuals. Responsible for the management and measurement of individual performance and team operational results, including customer service, indemnity and expense outcomes and strategic alignment with Division goals and objectives.
RELATIONSHIP: Reports toHarry Schlegelmilch
- Responsible for the management of associates including performance management, salary planning and administration, training and development, workflow planning, hiring and placement, and disciplinary actions.
- Creates a working environment which fosters the achievement of the highest level of technical competency and professionalism with staff.
- Responsible for the management and measurement of individual performance and team operational results, including customer service, indemnity and expense outcomes and alignment with Division goals and objectives.
- Responsible for contact with external customers which may include the management of large accounts involving maintaining, developing and influencing relationships with major customers and/or program managers.
- Manages the handling and resolution of all claims within area of responsibility and authority. Manages reserve process to ensure reserve adequacy. Approves claim reserves and payments within authority and as necessary.
- Provides leadership in understanding, and interpreting industry data and trends for a broad range of audience.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Req Number 9410
High School Diploma or GED required. College degree preferred. Completion of general insurance courses, such as IIA, AEI and/or CPCU preferred. Leadership/management classes and/or insurance technical classes preferred.
Minimum of eight years insurance claims experience, prior management experience preferred This position may require experience handling and/or managing higher severity and complex claims and litigation.
Knowledge: Multi-line, multi-jurisdictional, and E&S experience preferred. Knowledge of the General Agency system, state insurance department regulation, unfair claim handling regulations, and a good understanding of tort law. This position may require specific or advanced skill/knowledge in insurance lines or exposures such as Medical Liability, Lawyers Errors and Omissions, D&O, arson, Property-Catastrophe, Architects and Engineers, Construction, intellectual property/advertising injury or other specialty lines/risks, and/or large accounts.
With or without reasonable accommodation: the ability to effectively communicate interpersonally with individuals and groups. Effective listening, verbal ,and written communication skills necessary for customer contact, negotiation, presentations and technical and non-technical contacts.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: VP and HR VP.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Credit Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process.
Job Evaluation Activity: 12/2012 CB, PYC
Job Function/Family: CLM/ESC