GP Strategies is a global performance improvement company providing a full spectrum of custom training, engineering, environmental and support services. Our clients include leading Global 500 companies and government organizations. We employee more than 2400 professionals who are the best in their fields.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Performs a variety of warehousing duties which require an understanding of the establishment’s receiving, storage and distribution plans and procedures. Work involves most of the following: Verifying government or commercial off the shelf (COTS) materials (or specialty merchandise) against receiving documents, noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages; routing materials to prescribed storage locations; storing, stacking, or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods; rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials; examining stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage; removing material from storage. Moves either physically or with mechanical assistance (loaders, trucks, etc) and arranges heavy pieces of office furniture, equipment, and special equipment appliances; moves heavy pieces of vehicle, CBRNE, machinery and equipment. Spreads sand and salt on icy roads and walkways; picks up leaves and trash. Performs light maintenance safely. Offers daily plans and work organization suggestions. Plans and executes the appropriate logistics tasks to ensure satisfactory completion of contract requirements. Works closely with staff in the implementation of rapid-response and steady-state logistics support and services at the CoMSUPCEN facility, field/training and consequence management locations to provide effective support for State NG response teams and the National Guard Bureau. Identifies repair and maintenance situations. Ensures a collaborative working environment with Government and non-Government stakeholders in order to provide the best, most responsive operational and logistics support. Contributes to the preparation of complete, professional and timely reports and supporting correspondence to meet customer requirements. Identifies manpower staffing requirements for effective conduct of the assigned tasks and/or work assignments.. Participates in the compilation and maintenance of a technical library. May lead others with less experience. Operate banding and stretch wrapping equipment to palletize material. Prepare final orders for shipment ensuring labels and shipping documents are accurate. Prepare packaging labels for all shipment orders.
- Speak, read and write English fluently and perform basic business math.
- Ability to physically perform lifting of 50 lbs minimum.
- Able to qualify for and hold Secret security clearance.
- Work extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays if required.
- Work under sometimes stressful circumstances and meet short suspense.
- US citizenship.
- Valid U.S. drivers license.
- Computer familiarly adequate to enter, research and retrieve equipment information.
- Able to reach, lift, walk and bend frequently throughout the day.
- Lift 50 lbs minimum up to several times a day.
- Demonstrable record of interacting professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills.
- Vocational/military training in skill areas
- Currently hold Secret clearance
- Understanding of COTS, CBRNE, and First Responder concepts and sustainment requirements.
- Two (2) or more years relevant work experience with CBRNE COTS equipment.
- Maintenance, mechanical and trade studies and certifications.
- Military background or emergency response background helpful.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.