Electrical Engineering Co-op
- Overview: (Specific activities and deliverables)
- Experience Gained:
Coops will be working independently but also heavily in teamwork environments allowing them to learn to balance multiple responsibilities.
Coops will learn an ample amount of mechanical and electrical knowledge of motors and will also have invaluable experiences from all aspects of the business.
- Skills Developed:
Since coops will sometimes be working in a self-directed environment, therefore problem-solving skills will be greatly enhanced. Teamwork skills and communication skills will be improved and developed throughout their stay at RBC.
- Training/Coaching: (Training and coaching expected… how often)
Along with the vast amount of courses offered, coops will be working directly with experienced engineers, professionals, scientists, technicians and educational teams on a daily basis.
- Minimum of 30 accumulated credit hours
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Basic knowledge of engineering principles and statistics
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in parallel
- Ability and interest in working with multiple functions (lab technicians, sourcing, field sales, customers, marketing, manufacturing)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, including a global team located in various geographic sites
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of motor electrical and mechanical construction and terminology
- Well organized
- Good documentation and technical writing skills
- Willingness to seek help from available resources
- Attention to detail
- Technical understanding of motors and HVAC systems
- Initiative and creative thinking