The job you requested, Mortgage Underwriter, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Mortgage Loan Underwriter Manager
Since 1922, West Town Savings Bank has been a trusted community bank with an experienced team of banking professionals who are dedicated to our customers and the communities that we serve. We are looking for a qualified Mortgage Loan Underwriter Manager to join our team working in our Frederick, MD Mortgage Corporate Office. Our Mortgage Department has experienced tremendous growth over the last two years and we continue to add to our exisiting team of approximately 80Mortgage Loan Officers in 4 states and our corporate support staff. If you are looking for a place to build your career that offers a supportive environment with opportunity for growth and advancement and excellent earning potential, we believe you will enjoy working with us.
The Mortgage Loan Underwriter Manager is responsible for the management and development of the WTSB team of underwriters to ensure that they are fully trained in the proper application of established Bank underwriting guidelines as well as applicable investor and government requirements. This includes the oversight of individual underwriter performance to achieve optimum productivity while maintaining or exceeding loan quality and customer service (both internal customer and external customer) standards.
- To manage the day to day operations of the Underwriter platform with supervisory authority of all members of the Underwriting Team.
- To develop and to utilize system reports to effectively monitor and manage individual underwriter productivity and to take appropriate action when necessary.
- To be responsible for the production of deliverables, including but not limited to loan volume, quality control, service level agreements, load leveling, pipeline management and reporting.
- To participate in or to facilitate resolutions of individual file conflicts.
- To coach, mentor and develop direct reports. To motivate and lead team members by example, effectively communicating individual, team and Mortgage Department objectives to optimize knowledge transfer and to maintain informational transparency whenever possible.
- To identify, implement and oversee process improvements across the Underwriting department and to ensure the timely resolution of issues as they relate to Underwriting operations and fulfillment.
- To participate in the selection and interview process for Underwriter candidates.
- To organize and facilitate regular Underwriter department meetings.
- To develop and/or work with training resources to develop training programs to ensure adequate growth and development of the Underwriting Team.
- To provide Quality Control responses in a timely manner.
- To demonstrate the highest levels of integrity, character and professionalism in every team member, Branch Manager, LO and customer interaction as a representative of WTSB and its management.
- To serve as the interface for your Underwriting Team with all Managers and departments including but not limited to the EVP/Director of Mortgage Lending, Processing and Quality Control Manager, Mortgage Operations Manager, EVP/Chief Operations Officer, IT Manager and Director of Human Resources.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the EVP/Director of Mortgage Lending.
The Mortgage Loan Underwriter Manager must have a minimum of 5 years of recent experience in managing a minimum of5 Mortgage Loan Underwriters in a high volume environment with full knowledge of the lending requirement, regulations and procedures for conventional, FNMA/FHLMC, FHA/VA and USDA loan programs.
- Education: The minimum education required for a Mortgage Loan Underwriter Manager is a High School Diploma. A Bachelors Degree in business, finance or related field is preferred.
- Equipment: Mortgage lending system knowledge such as DU/LP/GUS, Microsoft Office products and Encompass software is helpful but not required.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Industry Knowledge and Experience:
- Expert level underwriting skills.
- Comprehension of FNMA/FHLMC, FHA/VA, USDA and other investor guidelines.
- Mathematical proficiency required.
- Language Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization to include the customer, LPO Managers and Loan Officers, Processors, Mortgage Operations staff, and Bank Senior Management.
- Must be able to perform under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
- Should be creative and innovative.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be a team player who can work well with all levels of the Banks organization.
- Position reports to: EVP/Director of Mortgage Lending.
West Town Savings Bank offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include medical, dental, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, 401(k) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
West Town Savings Bank (WTSB) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veterans status or genetic information. Opportunities throughout WTSB are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications.
West Town Savings Bank Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify notices. Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify.