Sales Team Manager
Sales Team Manager
The Sales TeamManager reports to theAssistant Store Manageror Store Manager and ensures the uniform execution of the Belk direction within their store.
Sales & Customer Service
- Meeting or exceeding area sales goals through the training, coaching & managing of their sales staff.
- Providing training and communication of the Relentless Customer Care program and standards to the sales staff to insure that associates approach and greet customers and offer quality service.
- Motivating and coaching sales associates to meet or exceed approach rate, sales per hour, UPT and credit application goals.
- Ensure shrinkage control in their area through the continual management of associates.
Merchandising & Presentation
- Communication with Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager and BSS merchants regarding merchandise issues and needs.
- Merchandise consistently presented in store with Belk visual and merchandising standards.
- Coordinate timely floor setup for all promotional and seasonal activity.
- Proper execution of all existing systems and procedures.
- Communicate & manage associates on price integrity in area, including timely completion of permanent price changes.
Selling Team Development
- Conducting timely reviews and communicating development needs with associates. Set goals and identify areas for improvement.
- Recruiting, interviewing, selecting and retaining quality associates and ensure all positions are filled in a timely manner.
- Maintaining high store morale through efficient, timely communications of policies and other information. Follow through on all concerns or problems that develop within selling area.
- Provide effective coaching in order to improve performance of all area associates.
- Recognizing associate performance and motivating associates to improve sales and customer service.
- Developing weekly schedules that match staffing to customer traffic and sales.
Education & Experience
- Four-year college degree.
- Experience in retail management.
- Proficient in computer business-related computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, etc).
- Excellent supervisory, analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability to use computer keyboard, standard telephone and other related business equipment.
Reports Directly To
Merchandise Coordinator or Store Manager
- Click Apply Now to submit your resume
- Go to www.belk.com/careers, View Job Openings, Apply to a specific store location, Choose location and apply
- Character Assessment
- Talx Form (Tax credit form)