Lead Field Engineer - Drives and Controls
Business Segment Energy Management
About Us GE works on things that matter.The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. Working for GE Contractual Services is exciting & challenging.Come see what you are missing!
Posted Position Title Lead Field Engineer - Drives and Controls
Function Segment Field Services
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
Postal Code 43081-3860
Relocation Expenses No
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
- Plan, prepare, and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
- Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary
- Exercise good judgment in controlling costs and expenditures of company funds
- Make contributions to the continued development and refinement of I&FS Engineering Standards and Procedures as they apply to designated specialty and to conduct work efforts in accordance thereof
- Strive to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction in all transactions and relationships
- Ability and willingness to travel, 60% on average, domestically and internationally
- Technical skills to work with Industrial and Utility relaying, HV, MV, LV breakers, transformers, and excitation
- Experience in leading large complex Power Delivery outages and projects
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Customer service oriented, ability to travel
- Mainframe and PC literate
In the energy industry, we are one of the world's leading suppliers of power generation and energy delivery technologies in all areas of the energy industry including coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy as well as with renewable resources such as water, wind, solar and alternative fuels.Learn more about our Business Today!
PLEASE NOTE: Columbus, OH is the preferred location, but other locations in OH will be considered.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE AMSTC, Aviation, Oil & Gas, Power & Water and Transportation, follow us on twitter:@geconnections