The job you requested, SAP Technical Data Archiving / ILM Analyst, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Analyst III, SAP Technical Data Archiving and ILM - Houston TX
Analyst III, SAP Technical Data Archiving & ILM - Houston TX
Job ID 4238
FLSA Status Exempt
Minimum Education High School or Equivalent
Minimum Yrs. Experience 5
Relocation Provided ..
Travel Percentage (%) ..
Sysco Corporation is seeking an SAP Technical Data Archiving and ILM Analyst IIIto join their team!
Senior technical expert who leads the Enterprise Data Archiving initiative and provides the leadership and direction to the IT team. Also possess a functional understanding of key Business Processes and Work streams in SAP (in areas of Finance, Costing, Sales & Distribution, Materials Management, etc.) and provide guidance to COE Functional teams based on an in-depth understanding of the SAP Data Archiving and ILM technologies.
- Ability to think analytically/critically when assessing current situations and business needs, and when identifying root causes.
- Perform archiving and document management for defined SAP objects. Define, research, develop, test and implement archiving solutions for SAP data for new archiving objects. Manage the document management system for archived objects and database reorganization.
- Develop and implement archiving policies, including data retention periods and scope of archived data in collaboration with functional business owners for new objects.
- Provides domain expertise in the Data Archiving and ILM areas and work closely with Basis and with functional teams to execute and adopt tools and techniques as applicable. Train functional team members and Netweaver resources on the use of the archiving tool sets.
- Provides guidance and insights about the nature and implementation of Data Archiving and ILM applications to the implementation teams, subject matter experts, end users, IT specialists, Systems Integrator(s), and other internal and external resources.
- Ability to perform DART (Data Retention Tool) extracts Data analysis for new archiving objects
- Provides technical and process oversight to less experienced Analysts as required.
- Updates support tickets with status and sends email notifications timely and accurately.
- Responds to emails and voice-mails in an appropriate timeframe.
- Participates in change management and release management activities.
- Resolves and troubleshoots solution defects, including configuration and functional support, within assigned functional areas as necessary.
- Collaborates with all levels of the organization on project schedules, risks, and issues.
- Advocates for effective record control policies and procedures regarding retention and disposal requirements, and applies those principles and policies in enhancement of process efficiency and compliant processes.
- Assists with the preparation and revision of training materials, user manuals and other project related documentation.
- Works with Business Analysts, Team Lead and Functional Analysts to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Keeps project leadership and stakeholders informed of progress on tasks and issues requiring follow-up.
- Participates in test planning and performs testing activities (including unit, integration and user acceptance testing).
- Provides guidance and expertise relating to assigned functional areas for the set up and support of Production and non-Production environments.
- Records time in record keeping system accurately and timely.
- Participates in all requirements for achieving team goals.
- Complies with all Sysco corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides after hours support.
- Travels as required to fulfill assigned tasks.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- Minimum 6 years of overall IT work experience
- Minimum 4 years SAP Data Archiving experience
- Minimum 2 years experience working with ILM
- At least one end to end implementation of SAP Data Archiving
- Experience in SAP Netweaver ILM including configuration of ILM and its various components for archiving, decommissioning and legal holds and e-discovery
- General knowledge on the main SAP Modules like FICO, HR and SCM etc.
- Exposure to BI, SRM and CRM archiving preferred
- Exposure to DART, OpenText, Data Volume Management, SARA and TAANA tools
- Exposure to add-on tools like PBS Archive or similar preferred
- Working knowledge of change control and release management processes
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies and practices
- Working knowledge of incident management software
- Experienced with Microsoft Office applications
- Any certifications preferred
- Minimum 3 years food service or related industry experience preferred
- SAP Data Archiving
- Perform data archiving functions and associated configuration
- Perform DART extracts
- Analyze standard and custom objects for archiving
- Archive jobs management
- Archiving Administration, Storing & Access of Archived data
- SAP Information Lifecycle Management
- Perform necessary customizing, define policies and rules,
- Establish Retention Management in the SAP system
- Establish Legal Case Management
- Use the data disposition functions
- Familiar with System Decommissioning &
- Set up Transfer rules and data to the Retention Warehouse and Reporting
- Understand the Audit trail function
- Open Text & SAP Technical areas
- Records Management
- SAP workflow knowledge is a plus
- Abap development skill
- Ability to develop functional and technical specifications.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Proven ability to translate strategic business requirements into usable enterprise information architecture.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing associated stress.
- Flexible; readily accepts new changes; open to new ideas.
- Maintains positive attitude.
- Proven ability to identify, focus on, and own high priority issues and tasks.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; manages time well.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against deadlines and produce high quality results (accuracy, thoroughness prioritized in produced deliverables).
- Ability to work in a group setting or independently.
- Self-motivated with ability to apply good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strives to increase knowledge in Sysco business functions as well as technical knowledge.
- Actively pursues pre-approved self-education as related to job responsibilities.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
- Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more! Background & Drug Screen. EOE.
Apply For This Job
- Apply for this job online