With minimal supervision, perform a full range of specialized coating projects. Perform inspections, clean up, storage and disposal of coating products; and operate various tools and equipment. Applicant must exhibit pride in workmanship, take responsibility for their work and possess a willingness to work with others to produce a superior quality product.
- Identify and obtain pertinent information from shop order and shop drawings regarding painting requirements.
- Set up and operate spray paint systems and pressure-pot paint spray systems to apply prime coat paint and top coat paints. Work with solvents, cleaners, paints and coatings.
- Safe operation of standard forklifts and overhead cranes for movement of material.
- Perform housekeeping in the painting areas. Maintain operating supplies for painting and perform routine maintenance of all tools and equipment required by this position.
- Assists in prepping trailers, sanding and reworking paint.
- Follows standard work and procedures.
- Adhere to all safety standards.
- Requires agility and ability to move up and down and around trailers. Required to stand and walk for long periods, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, ladders and scaffolds. Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Wears respirator, body suit and rubber gloves.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be flexible.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) is preferred.
- Three (3) years experience as industrial or commercial painter.
email resumes to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail resumes to: Human Resources
XL Specialized Trailers
Manchester, Iowa 52057
Pre-employment/Post offer Drug Screen Required. XL Specialized Trailers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications also available at XL: 1086 South 3rd Street Manchester, IA 52057
Contact Human Resources
877-283-4852 Toll Free
XL Specialized Trailers is an EEOE