Primary Objective Of Position
Ensures that the guest is greeted with a warm and welcoming smile. Ensures that guests receive their drinks and food in a timely manner, while providing friendly and efficient service. Mixes and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to guests of bar and service bar, following standard recipes and the company’s alcoholic beverage policies; merchandises drinks; and is attentive to guest, making them feel welcome, at all times
- Mix ingredients such as liquor, soda, water and sugar to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Ensures that all drinks are prepared according to company recipes.
- Serves wine, liquor, draft or bottled beer and food to bar guest.
- Prepares drinks for servers’ guests.
- Collects payment for drinks and/or food served following company established accounting procedures for all transactions.
- Observes guests and responds to their needs.
- Guides guests in selecting food and beverage items.
- Follows alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and dealing with intoxicated guest.
- Prepares drinks and verifies correct pricing.
- Enters all orders into the computer prior to presenting the beverage to the guest.
- Possesses proficient knowledge of liquor quality and beverage preparation, and keeps updated on new and revised beverage recipes.
- Ensures a clean and well-stocked bar.
- Secures all monies at the end of each shift.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation polices and procedures.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action in which may be taken.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Displays a favorable image of Papa Vino’s and Spageddies Italian Kitchens at all times.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company team members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum team member morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
Assists other team members as needed or when business needs dictate.
Bar and restaurant guest drink orders are filled quickly and according to recipe. Daily bar inventories correspond with bar cash-register totals. Bar register is balanced. Bar area is always neat, clean and properly stocked.
- Dressed in proper dress code, looking neat, clean and professional at all times.
- Ability to operate POS system, make change and accurately conduct credit card transactions.
- Ability to account for all monies (balance) at end of each shift.
- Ability to calmly respond to angry or intoxicated guests and call to attention of manager.
- Stands 100% of shift.
- Reaches, bends, stoops, shakes, stirs and wipes frequently.
- Lifts up to 40lbs. several times per shift.
- Ability to clearly verbalize and respond to guest.
- Ability to read menu.
- Frequent immersion of hands in water.
- Ability to effectively request and review identification for age verification from each guest, as required by state and local laws.
- 2 years of experience is preferred.
If you need any accommodation from the Company to enable you to perform essential job functions, please let us know.