Coyote Canyon is a casual low price concept with an exciting twist. It is an all-you-can-eat steak buffet with juicy steaks, tender chicken and steak burgers, all prepared right before your eyes on the display grill.
Guests can also enjoy our hot and cold buffet, soups, salads, side dishes and vegetables as well as a full-service bakery with rolls, muffins, pies, cakes and soft serve ice cream with a variety of toppings.
Prepare and cook food in a fast food restaurant with a limited menu. Duties of the cooks are limited to preparation of a few basic items and normally involve operating large-volume single-purpose cooking equipment
Responsibilities And Duties
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Cook and package batches of food, such as hamburgers and fried chicken, which are prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
- Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, ovens, or griddles
- Prepare and serve beverages such as coffee and fountain drinks.
- Prepare specialty foods following specific methods that usually require short preparation time.
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
- Order and take delivery of supplies.
- Prepare dough, following recipe.
- Schedule activities and equipment use with managers, using information about daily menus to help coordinate cooking times.
Qualifications And Requirements
- Requires food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of closely related cooking experience, work experience in high volume and casual dining restaurant environment preferred
- Requires food knowledge pertaining to Soups, Broiler, Fry, and Pantry
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
- Frequently works with sharp knives, utensils, and hot plates
- Frequently works in hot environment