Purpose: To manage a sales staff of insurance agents for American General Life and Accident Insurance Company. This position is based in our AR-Little Rock local office and reports to the general manager.
Benefits: Competitive, performance-based compensation; access to medical, dental, and vision insurance; disability benefits; retirement; 401(k) plan; and holiday and vacation days.
- Manages and supervises a team of 7-10 insurance agents. Works with General Manager to develop and implement staff business plan to achieve sales and persistency objectives. Some minimum personal production will be required.
- Assists in the recruiting and selection of new career insurance sales agents. Trains newly hired agents on company culture and business philosophy, instruction on sales/service procedures, products, conservation techniques, codes of conduct, and company policies.
- Performing joint field work. Assist agent in refining prospecting techniques and setting appointments. Participate in sales calls with agents. Assist in the closing of sales for insurance products.
- Provides customer service to existing clients by responding to customer inquiries, processing requests, and performance periodic insurance reviews to maintain appropriate customer insurance coverage.
- Maintain a continuous program of professional/personal development, including, but not limited to, knowledge of products, state insurance regulations, and management skills.
- Adheres to and enforces all company policies, procedures, including codes of conduct. Provide general supervision tasks, such as coaching, counseling, and leave reporting.
- Some college preferred. High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Minimum of two years of successful insurance sales management required.
- Must have a valid state driver's license and reliable insured transportation.
- Must currently possess an active Life/Health insurance license.
- Excellent communication and listening skills with a positive attitude and the ability to explain complex information in a simple and concise manner.
- Detail-oriented professional with excellent time-management, organization, and computer skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to lead and motivate a team of dedicated sales representatives.