The job you requested, Partner / Attorney - Miami, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Legislative and Regulatory Attorney- Miami, FL
Title: Legislative and Regulatory Attorney- Miami, FL
Assurant is a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and build leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets. The Assurant business units provide debt protection administration; credit-related insurance; warranties and service contracts; pre-funded funeral insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; manufactured housing homeowners insurance; individual health and small employer group health insurance; group dental insurance; group disability insurance; and group life insurance.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $27 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,000 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district.http://www.assurant.com/.
Job summary statement
The Property Insurance Legislative and Regulatory Attorney is responsible for developing and managing the process to identify, track, analyze and report property insurance legislative, regulatory and public policy issues that impact Assurant Specialty Propoerty and the various Assurant Companies, products, services and clients. Will also prepare quality legal arguments; advocate Assurant political and regulatory positions in coordination with regional directors and outside counsel; track trade organization activities; and prepare position papers.
- Actively track legislative, regulatory, administrative and certain public policy issues using all available resources including StateNet, communications from trade associations & other external resources.
- Identify all significant legislative & regulatory developments relevant to the assigned products, issues and states.
- Input summary of significant legislation & regulations in StateNet tracking system.
- Actively track NAIC proposals using all available resources including communications from trade associations & other external resources
- Identify all significant proposals that could impact Assurant products.
- Attend NAIC meetings and interim conference calls.
- Draft concise summaries of the proposals to obtain the maximum desired result from the intended audience.
- Communicate with senior management, product operations, compliance, state filings, actuarial and other impacted company departments regarding proposed legislation, regulations, administrative action and certain public policy issues.
- Provide ongoing coordinated updates to interested parties on previously identified legislative, regulatory or public policy issues.
- Ensure that meeting reports are promptly written and distributed
- Juris Doctor degree required
- Requires 7 to 10 years experience in the insurance business, including but not limited to sales, insurance defense, compliance, government relations or some other advocacy related experience. Proven experience managing and implementing strategic, operational, and/or project plans desired.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical ability.
- Project management and time-management skills and the ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects to accomplish assigned duties under deadline pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication ability, interpersonal skills, and public speaking skills to effectively communicate and works with state legislators and regulators.
- Requires skills necessary to effectively interact and influence all levels of management, as well as to manage information and communications with internal and external sources.
- Ability to display both individual initiative and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Requires the ability to create and implement state governmental relations strategy in conjunction with upper management direction.
- Requires the ability to create and present effective arguments to support Assurant's position on pending legislation.
- Must be PC literate, including working knowledge of MS Office, legal research, e-mail and internet access software.
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical,dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), pension, generous paid time off and much more.
Diversity statement and application instructions
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit:http://jobs.assurant.com/
Follow us on Twitter!http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers(@AssurantCareers)