Senior Application Developer
Senior Application Developer
Req #: 92395
Department: UW MEDICINE IT SERVICES
Job Location: Harborview Medical Center
Job Location Detail: Ninth and Jefferson Building
Posting Date: 03/21/2013
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Shift: 1st Shift (Days)
UW Medicine Information Technology Services is a shared services organization, which supports all of UW Medicine including UW Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center, Northwest Hospital, Valley Medical Center, UW School of Medicine, UW Physicians, UW Neighborhood Clinics, and Airlift Northwest. IT Services is responsible for the development, acquisition, implementation, maintenance, and support of enterprise computing systems, applications and infrastructure which support the Institutional mission of patient care, teaching, and research in a 24 hour 7 day mission-critical medical care environment.
UW Medicine IT Servicesis looking for an outstandingSENIOR APPLICATION DEVELOPERto join the team! The primary responsibility of this position is to play a senior role in the application development and maintenance of interfaces between various source systems and the Decision Support Systems. Key applications are McKesson's Data Warehouse (Horizon Performance Manager) and BI (Horizon Business Intelligence) tools, Mind Access Program (MAP), and various custom-developed web-based applications. Position will research, design, develop, test and maintain information systems of a highly complex nature for UW Medicine. These systems encompass the clinical, financial and administrative aspects of medical center operations. Activities span Client-Server and PC platforms, utilizing a variety of software tools. Focus is on providing interfaces that result in timely, high quality data, for administrative and financial retrospective analysis that supports the Medical Centers' mission and operational goals. The person in this position will prepare and maintain program design and documentation; perform project analysis; execute projects; and coordinate projects among multiple departments/clients.
UW Medicine relies on enterprise wide technological solutions and electronic information to enable the quickest and most reliable health care for its customers. These systems must be available on a 24 x 7 basis in order to allow Physicians and Nursing staff access to vital patient information. If the systems are not available the potential for lost revenue and patient life is very real. Not only is the availability of the information but also the security of the information of the highest priority.
TheSENIOR APPLICATION DEVELOPERwill
- Exercise technical and organizational leadership to analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, and support complex CDS applications, including the McKesson Decision Support Systems and MAP.
- Perform programming responsibilities and provide clear documentation of DSS modules.
- Analyze, map, transform and load data between a variety of data formats and systems.
- Follow departmental and team standards for programming, configuration control, and quality assurance and version releases.
- Share programming responsibilities to backup the other CDS Developers.
- Cross-train and develop programming solutions with CDS staff, when IT projects require an additional resource or coverage.
- Instruct coworkers and users in procedures.
- Provide and organize related documentation.
- Technical education including 3-5 years of SQL development experience.
- Experience with C code, ASP, .Net, Visual Basic, database and systems design preferred.
- Training in Data Warehouse (DW) development and Business Intelligence tools.
- ETL background (Extract, Transform, Load) in DW.
- Experience with ETL processes, interface development, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Experience with application development and support in the healthcare industry.
- Experience with Microsoft products such as Visual Basic and Access.
- Experience with decision support applications, McKesson DW and BI experience if possible.
- Experience with Risk Management and Patient Safety applications.
- Experience with Data Visualization tools in a complex client-server environment.
- Strong working knowledge of UNIX/Windows server environment, DBA/SA coordination, Oracle data models, and general knowledge of PC desktop applications is very desirable.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
For detailed information on Benefits for this positionclick here.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field. Equivalent experience may substitute for degree requirement.
Condition Of Employment
Share 24x7 on-call rotation with other team members.
The University of Washington is a leader inenvironmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.